PDA

View Full Version : Misinformation etc on other other boards!

mom2binsd
04-19-2008, 11:15 PM
On another board I'm on...although not that much, there was a post asking about the Apex 65...a good question and mostly good responses...then along comes this one- edited to remove the profanity

"there is so much b&*#@ the carseat people want you to think it's just nuts! My kid used her cousins carseat and somehow managed to survive! Because you know, kids will die in a fender bender if they are not in a $500 carseat that is no more then 2 days old lol."

This poster was totally out of line....all of the other responses were helpful...most directed the person to the Nautilus possibly instead of the Apex...so nobody was suggesting a 500 dollar seat...I get frustrated on this "mamasource" as there are no moderators to oversee things that I can see anyway...I can't tell you how many times I've had to jump in when other posters have told moms it's okay to flip kids forward at 8 or 9 months....

Another reason why I love these boards (and I've directed many of the folks there over here!)

Joolsplus2
04-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Oh, I know it! I'm such a coward I really can't leave my safe havens anymore :loveeyes: I leave it to the energetic newbies with passion to spare to convert the world to go to birth boards and yahoo.answers and everywhere else :bowdown:

codex57
04-21-2008, 05:02 AM
Guess that's why that Bucky Covington song about a different world is so popular. People have that lazy attitude that since they survived with just mom's arm as a seat belt that all these crazies talking about 5 point harnesses are just overzealous. I like tech. If we've got the tech and the knowledge, why not use it? I mean, life was simpler without cars, but if you're gonna use modern tech like a car, you should use the safety tech that comes along with it (like seat belts and car seats).