PDA

View Full Version : portable infant beds

tcatrinah
04-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Does anyone know how the Kidco Peapod Portable Indoor/Outdoor Infant Bed fairs? We plan to travel in the first year of our baby's life (starting at 3 months) and I want to see if this product is good and safe before I buy it.

Thank you!

Mikey0709
07-15-2008, 01:17 PM
We actually just got a peapod Plus for our 2 1/2 year old. I actually think it's pretty cool. We haven't traveled with it yet - but he's been using it as a tent just to play so far and i think he'll have no problem sleeping in it. I think if you get the "plus" one too which is bigger, you'll get alot more use out of it. Honestly it's actually better and nicer than i thought it would be. Now for our infant we have the Baby Bjorn travel crib. It was expensive, but so far we have used it 3 times and i love it compared to a pack n play due to how quickly you can set it up and how lightweight it is. Right now i think i prefer to have the infant in the travel crib so i can see him in the open, rather than the enclosed pod - - but that may be my preference only... i'm sure the baby would be ok in the pod.

Swimfreak78
08-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Does anyone know how the Kidco Peapod Portable Indoor/Outdoor Infant Bed fairs? We plan to travel in the first year of our baby's life (starting at 3 months) and I want to see if this product is good and safe before I buy it.

Thank you!

We have a Peapod and love it. We use it on our sailboat and that way he can't roll out. It's quick and easy to set up - i'd just suggest getting a waterproof pad to put underneath baby incase there are leaks or spit up. I'd buy the Plus over the regular since you can use it so much longer. http://www.safebeginnings.com/WebComponents/Catalog/Public/showproduct.asp?id=848&cat=On%2Dthe%2DGo

We started using it at 2 months - just put the baby in to let them get used to it after it airs out. PM me and I can send you pictures of our guy in his.