PDA

View Full Version : favorite wii games

jrn90
04-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Bought a wii for DH's b-day next month and was hoping for some ideas about games- are there any that are good for a 3 1/2 year old, or is he still too young? Mostly got this for DH (and me -going to get the wii fit) but wanted to see if DS could enjoy it too- thanks

AngelaS
04-20-2008, 04:36 PM
My 3.5 year old loves boxing on Wii Sports. She loves the games on Wii Play and many of those she can do okay at. Or at least they hold her attention and she can attempt to play them. Playground also has some games she can play.

belovedgandp
04-20-2008, 05:08 PM
We've had one since February. My February 2004 son loves bowling from the wii sports.

The other game we bought that he does really well with on his own is "Go Diego Go"

Tondi G
04-20-2008, 07:49 PM
Super Mario Galaxy is fun. DS age 6 loves Super Smash Brothers. Carnival Games is good too... think Skiball etc.

bnme
04-20-2008, 08:26 PM
My kids love all the sports that it comes with. Especially bowling, baseball, and the skills training games (different bowling & tennis games). They also love just about everything on Wii Play -tank strategy game, shooting gallery, fishing, rodeo, find the Miis, etc. We also have classic nintendo Sonic & Mario Bros (bought with Wii points) which they also love. I have banned my DH from buying anymore of games because then they will want to play even more then they already do.

They also are very into creating & changing the Miis -the characters you can make as players. We have our entire extended family and many friends in our Mii world and they love to see who they end up with on their baseball team....are my kids the only ones who do this????

SnuggleBuggles
04-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Donna, my ds (5.75yo) loves making Miis. Most of the time they are just funky looking people- the more bizarre he can make them, the better. Sometimes we make real people.

He can do Wii Sports but only likes bowling. He has been playing the observatory level of Super Mario Galaxy for (I hate to admit) hours. However, he can't play the rest of the game b/c he thinks it is too hard. Also, it requires reading.

More than anything he just likes to watch his dad play.

Beth

caheinz
04-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Go Diego Go is great for little kids. You can't "die", and you can't "lose". So, it might not be realistic, but it's certainly not frustrating for a little one.

sarahsthreads
04-20-2008, 09:53 PM
DH bought Cosmic Family for DD for Christmas. It's cute, and she can play it with a little help supporting the controller (otherwise the pointer just waves wildly all over the screen) and there's definitely room for "growth" with levels she's nowhere near ready for.

Honestly, though, she's not that into the wii yet. She'd much rather play starfall or pbskids on a laptop, or "visit" her webkinz with DH.

Sarah

Toffeecakes57
04-23-2008, 10:18 PM
My son loves the bowling - he and his cousins love to play it together. I can even do it too and it feels like I'm really bowling!!

Jodi (mom to Ella 18 mos and Josh 4 yrs. old)

hellokitty
04-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Wii sports is the best one. We have several other games, but I am really horrible at them. I am still best suited for the 1st gen nitendo. Supar mario galaxy was so hard for me to play, b/c I can't get a hang of that 3D view. Maybe I'm just too old to play video games anymore, lol. I am really interested in the go diego go game, it looks like something my kids could play (right now they enjoy watching) and mario go kart just came out and I have always been a mario go kart fan, so that's something that we will probably eventually get.