PDA

View Full Version : game for a 5 yr old girl and 7yr old boy

lfp2n
04-20-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm going to an old friends wedding and would like to take a present for her kids as I haven't seen them for ages. I'm traveling to France with only carry-on for 2 days, and would like some sort of board game type thing they could play together, or otherwise some sort of shared type of toy set up. I was originally thinking Playmobil set but then thought it maybe too young for the boy, and also they are really bulky.
Any ideas

Lucy DD 3/03

egoldber
04-20-2008, 10:35 PM
How about one of the Thinfun games? www.thinkfun.com

We have River Crossing Jr. and Rush Hour (regular, not junior) and Sarah really likes them both. They are like puzzles and can be played alone or cooperatively. Neither is very big.

Another idea is one of the Gamewright games. www.gamewright.com

They are basically card games so are very portable. You could get one for each of them, but they could play them together. ;) We only have Hiss, which is probably too young (although Sarah still enjoys it), but I hear good things about Loot, Slamwich and Rat-a-Tat-Cat.

mattiew
04-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Balloon Lagoon by Cranium is fun! DH and I even enjoy playing it with DD.

Melbel
04-21-2008, 09:12 AM
How thoughtful of you to bring something for the children. I know that they will appreciate your gesture. At 7 and 5, my DS and DD enjoyed the following games:

Cranium Games (Balloon Lagoon, Zooreeka)
Blokus (there is a smaller travel version)
Uno (various versions)
Scene It (Disney version)
Monopoly/Monopoly Jr.

Other small options: Legos (boy), Littlest Pet Shop or Polly Pocket (girl), Webkinz (huge hit with this age group; small stuffed animals with codes for interactive play on the computer). Enjoy your trip!