PDA

View Full Version : PT for 7mo old

rkvm
04-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and for the most am a lurker. Our 7 mo old DD is showing a bunch of signs of being ready for PT and I'm seriously considering getting started, but can't figure out which potty to get. I tried reading through reviews, but couldn't find recos for this age babies. Seems like FP Fun to Learn is a no-no, and Bjorn potty is fine..apart from that couldn't glean anything. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!!!!

MarisaSF
04-21-2008, 02:46 AM
Check out The EC Store. I think the clear potty looks interesting. I wish I had that instead of the Bjorn little potty. It would often be handy to see if kiddo had deposited.
http://www.theecstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=493

Lindymagoo
04-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Hi,

I'm new here and for the most am a lurker. Our 7 mo old DD is showing a bunch of signs of being ready for PT and I'm seriously considering getting started, but can't figure out which potty to get. I tried reading through reviews, but couldn't find recos for this age babies. Seems like FP Fun to Learn is a no-no, and Bjorn potty is fine..apart from that couldn't glean anything. Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time!!!!

Wow, that is amazing! I am curious as to what signs your 7 month old is exhibiting to show readiness for PT. We have a 9 month old DGS, and while I don't THINK he could possibly be ready for PT, we could be missing some signs. Do tell!

BTW, I have heard really good things about the travel potty from One Step Ahead. Most who use it, give it rave reviews! Good luck with the PT!

rkvm
04-24-2008, 05:03 PM
She poops pretty much everyday around the same time, grunts, has the same facial expression, stops whatever she is doing. I haven't read anything on PT yet, but am hoping if I can get a comfortable potty chair for her and encourage her to sit on it for atleast a few minutes everyday to start with, it might help. This is just a theory I'm hoping to test out. I'm a SAHM, so I really get to watch her closely. I looked at the Bjorn big potty in the store, but am not sure if that's what I want. I'm looking for something that has a high back to support her. If you're interested, I can let you know once I figure out something.