PDA

View Full Version : Warning: graphic, murder

strollerqueen
04-21-2008, 05:19 AM
I am so deeply disturbed and shocked by this tragedy. The mom of these 5 week old twins posted it on another board that I am on. Their father is charged with murdering them. My baby is 5 weeks old, same age. Maybe I am too hormonal, but I am beyond horrified. I don't understand this, at all. On so many levels. We do everything we can to nurture our babies while we are pregnant, do everything we can to give birth to them in a safe way, then we spend all our waking hours feeding them, changing them, comforting them, caring for them. We love our babies so much we feel our hearts will burst, and there is nothing we wouldn't do for them. Unfortunately, accidents and illnesses happen. But this, this was intentional. How could it happen? Why? is this just pure evil?

http://wkow.madison.com/News/index.php?ID=20645

AngelaS
04-21-2008, 07:33 AM
I hadn't heard that story and it's very sad.

Evil is real and it's sad and it's scary.

Pennylane
04-21-2008, 08:00 AM
That is so tragic. I have to wonder why the mother would let him take the children after reading this:

"Yates has a history of violence - he's been charged with domestic abuse, was sentenced to a year of probation, and he's a five-time drunk driver."

So tragic.

Ann

mudder17
04-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh, that's horrible. I hadn't seen this. Not blaming the mother, but what was she thinking dropping the babies off at his house?

maestramommy
04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Sounds like they had broken up. I don't understand why the father didn't have a restraining order on him, with his violent history.

deborah_r
04-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Oh, that's horrible. I hadn't seen this. Not blaming the mother, but what was she thinking dropping the babies off at his house?

Yes, I don't understand that at all. While obviously this is definitely not her fault, I'm having trouble understanding what events could lead up to her leaving 5-WEEK-OLD TWINS with someone obviously unequipped for caring for them. Should 5 week old twins really be with anyone else besides mom? I can't imagine a court would have forced overnight visits with the non-custodial parent for babies so young.

Of course we don't have the whole story, but those circumstances seem very strange.