PDA

View Full Version : Were we the only family that thought the Winnie the Pooh ride was scary?

SnuggleBuggles
04-21-2008, 09:58 AM
The guidebook I was using said it was a must for families with young children. So, we dutifully headed to it (walked right on...that should have been a clue that it was not as popular as the book led us to believe). My somewhat sensitive 5yo was so scared and we weren't really fans either! He also hated the Buzz Lightyear ride too though (way overstimulating).

Is the DL version differernt than WDW?

Did anyone else's dc find it to be scary?

Beth

egoldber
04-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Sarah finds most of the dark rides at WDW (including Pooh, Peter Pan and many other Fantasyland rides) "scary" but in a fun way. She calls them "fun, but scary". She still does not like the Snow White ride.

You were just lucky in your timing and/or day to be able to just walk on to the Pooh ride. The one at WDW easily has hour wait times in the afternoons. That's one ride we FastPass if we can't just walk or wait just a few (5-10) minutes. But in the early morning, before 10:30 or so, you can often just walk right on.

mik8
04-21-2008, 11:02 AM
The guidebook I was using said it was a must for families with young children. So, we dutifully headed to it (walked right on...that should have been a clue that it was not as popular as the book led us to believe). My somewhat sensitive 5yo was so scared and we weren't really fans either! He also hated the Buzz Lightyear ride too though (way overstimulating).

Is the DL version differernt than WDW?

Did anyone else's dc find it to be scary?

Beth

My 4.5 y/o DD was petrified of it too! Both at DL and WDW. She calls it to this day, "the scary ride."

momofjandl
04-27-2008, 04:21 PM
When we went DS2 was only 1.5 yrs or so. He had nightmares the night we rode pooh. I think it's the whole huffalump dream part of the ride that frightens kids.

Neatfreak
04-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh, it's been over a year since we were at WDW and my kid (3.75 years now) still talks about the "scary Winnie the Pooh" ride. One of my friends went to WDW a few months before us, and warned us that her similarly-age daughter thought it was scary, so we were kind of prepared.

Puddy73
04-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I thought that it was too fast and jerky and DS (2) was a little scared by the Heffalump portion. However, he never mentioned it after we got off the ride.

luvmypeanut
04-28-2008, 10:56 PM
Oh we LOVE the Pooh ride and there's never a line so we rides it multiples times. DD likes to go for a Tigger Tail at the candy shop afterwards. At DL it's not near any of the other "kiddie" rides so maybe that's why it's not crowded. My kids refuse to go on any of the Fantasyland dark rides except for Alice.

s7714
04-28-2008, 11:50 PM
My DD hates the Pooh ride. One of the others (I think it was either Alice or Pinocchio) scared her too so we just stopped even bothering with them. Ironically she doesn't have a problem with Mr. Toads Wild ride though; maybe because the wild gyrations of the car distracts her from the scenes?

My 5 yo loved the Buzz Lightyear ride and wanted to go on it again, but then she's a major Buzz Lightyear fan. Personally I found it to be a little over-stimulating though, so I can see how it would easily just be "too much" for some kids!

StantonHyde
04-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Winnie the Pooh and Mike and Sully to the Rescue terrified my almost 3 year old DD. Plus, I was dissappointed. If they could make Pirates of the Carribean in the 60s-70s, you would think they would get better with animation. Those rides were just LOUD and the figures just bobbed up and down. NO thanks.

DS loved Astro Blasters--rode it over and over and over again. DH got assigned that duty :-)

Emmas Mom
04-30-2008, 12:39 AM
It's freaky! We only went on it once & it was a couple years ago but DD#1 did not like it at all & I remember getting off of it thinking it must be like tripping on drugs. lol (at least that dream segment)

wendmatt
04-30-2008, 08:22 AM
DD didn't think it was scary, but since she's gotten so into Scooby Doo, she doesn't get too scared by most things! However, I couldn't work out why so many of the rides were made to be dark and scary when they are for kids. Lots of them were nightmare/scary/dark scenes. I would've thought that's not a good idea for young kids. I talked to DH about it when we were there and he thought it's the young version of a roller coaster, scary but fun! Seems wierd to me.

s7714
04-30-2008, 01:30 PM
It's freaky! We only went on it once & it was a couple years ago but DD#1 did not like it at all & I remember getting off of it thinking it must be like tripping on drugs. lol (at least that dream segment)

DH and I said the exact same thing when we went on it for the first time (pre-kids) a number of years ago. Funny enough neither of us had ever been on it until that point, and we quickly realized why our parents had avoided it as well!

bluestar2
05-04-2008, 07:33 PM
yes.........