PDA

View Full Version : Graco Nautilus Question

August Mom
04-21-2008, 12:31 PM
I keep changing my mind about what new seat we are getting, but I am leaning toward the Graco Nautilus as a seat for DS in DH's car. DS is 38.5# and 43.5". He sat in it at BRU and said he liked it. However, it didn't really look roomy in the shoulder area. DS is very skinny - he said it wasn't too tight, but what is the verdict on the Nautilus shoulder width? I read a few posts/reviews voicing this concern but now that people have tried them out for awhile, what do you think - is the shoulder area too narrow?

Also, for those who have seen all 3 shades of gray IRL, which do you like the best? I've only seen the BRU solid gray (Galaxy) IRL. On-line, I thought I liked the Wal-Mart charcoal and black (Bravo) better than the Target light grey and black (Matrix).

TIA

FWIW, he currently rides in a Radian and doesn't complain about shoulder width.

ETA: DS also rides in a MA (that I think we are passing down to DD) and hasn't complained about it being too narrow either.

Karenn
04-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi August Mom! :wavey:

We've had it for a couple of months now, and Colin hasn't said a word about the Nautilus being to narrow. He's perfectly happy with it. He's also on the small side too, being *just* over 40lbs.

I haven't compared the shades of grey. I can't even remember which one we have!

o_mom
04-21-2008, 02:29 PM
The Walmart one is a woven (no-nap) fabric similar to the TurboBooster covers. I haven't seen Galaxy, but it looks softer/plusher in the pictures, is it?

August Mom
04-21-2008, 03:23 PM
The Walmart one is a woven (no-nap) fabric similar to the TurboBooster covers. I haven't seen Galaxy, but it looks softer/plusher in the pictures, is it?

Yes. It is a plush-type fabric. It seemed pretty nice. I guess I assumed they all were a similar fabric, just different colors. Thanks for the info.

TaChapm
04-21-2008, 03:49 PM
We have the Wal-Mart one and the fabric on the BRU one is WAY nicer! So much softer than the Wal-Mart one. Jackson is in the 85%-90% on height and weight at 5 and complained that his marathon was too narrow for his shoulders. He has never said the Nautilus was too narrow and rides really comfortable in it. FWIW he rides in a Regent in my car so he is used to a REALLY roomy seat now so he would be complaining if the nautilus was too small.

August Mom
04-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi, Karen. Always good to "see" you.