PDA

View Full Version : Help with new carseat

stacik75
04-21-2008, 04:55 PM
DD is 2, 27 lbs and tall. She is currently in a roundabout, and this am I noticed that her shoulders are almost over the top strap slot. So that means it is time for a larger seat, right? DS 1 is 5 months, so we knew that we would ahve to be another round of seats before she was ready to go into a booster.
Anyhow, any advice on what to buy? She is not ready for a booster, right? Just wondering if I shoudl jump on the Marathon sale at Target, or if there is something better out there for her, and eventually DS.
Thanks for the input!

KrisM
04-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Is she rear-facing? If so, I think the limit is when her head is 1" from the top of the shell.

I'd probably get the Marathon from Target and she should be able to rear-face until 33 lbs. I'm not sure if kids outgrow that one rear-facing by height. My kids sure didn't! DD is 22 months and has tons of room for height in the Boulevard (same as Marathon, mostly).

Boosters aren't recommended until age 5 ot 6 at least. Keeping them harnessed is best.

Joolsplus2
04-22-2008, 09:33 AM
My dd is almost too tall for her Roundabout, too! (she's 27 months, I'm a little shocked...). Yeah, your kiddos are so young yet I'd go with something nice and cushy and durable like that Marathon. Then in a couple years you can get a Combination seat, like the Graco Nautilus that's got a taller harness than the MA and becomes a good booster later. :) (and Kris is right, rearfacing to at least age 2 is the new standard of safety, as well as harnessing to at least age 5, boostering till at least 4 foot 9...just to give you an idea of what's in store for the next 10 years ;) )