PDA

View Full Version : WWYChoose after Safeseat?

lilye13
04-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi all,
I think the time has come to move DD out of her GRacoSafeseat. I don't know what the limit really is on it but I know we are pushing it.
We have the option of putting her in DS's Marathon for one more year before it "expires", and putting DS in Parkway in DH's car- something I am not crazy about doing yet... or....maybe, since I am out of the car seat loop,maybe maybe there is something else out there that I should consider before just getting another Marathon for her:>
I see there are some sales going on so thought I see what you all had to say since you have been so helpful in making these choices for me! As always TIA!

Joolsplus2
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Does Nicholas have much growing room in his MA? If he's right at the top slots already now anyway, then you might consider the Graco Nautilus or Britax Regent for him. If he's got some growing room, and if you like the Marathon, then go ahead and get another one for Catherine, you won't be unhappy with it, I don't think. (nothing *really* better...the Radian is 'ok'...best if you are trying to fit three seats across or just two seats next to each other, the True Fit is nice but supposedly has twisty straps, the Evenflo Triumph is nice, but sometimes the dials on the side get crammed into vehicle seatbacks, the Recaro convertibles are beastly huge and don't install as nice Britaxes...)

PS, not that you have a LOT longer, but the SS1 is outgrown when dd's head is an inch from the top of the seatback...for us that was about 19 months and 33 inches tall.

lilye13
04-22-2008, 03:04 PM
thanks Julie, you are always so helpful. I will check Catherine where she is in the Safeseat. I am so reluctant to turn her aorund anyhow, especially since she loves bugging her brother! We had tried her in the Marathon in DH car, rearfacing and that was so not working, were all squished so she's going FF in there now. I am wondering though, should i look into the Frontier, new is always tempting. Whaddya think?
thanks again!