PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Triumph Advance or Marathon? (For Leslie08)

Joolsplus2
04-21-2008, 06:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can a tech give advice on these 2 seats? My son is 8months and needs a bigger seat. I like the truimph but I am concerned abt. the straps. The are super easy to adjust up and down. Are they really safe like that versus the kind where rethreading is done by taking the cover of the seat off? Also I am using the latch so no seatbelt is used And no tether is used. Is this correct? Thank you

Joolsplus2
04-21-2008, 06:46 PM
And here's my original response:

The Triumph is great, the harness will stay still when he's IN the seat, so no worries. No, it can't be top tethered when rearfacing, only Britaxes and Radians can be top tethered when rearfacing.
(what's the second seat you are wondering about?)

(clearly, I had NOT read the title! <blush>)

Joolsplus2
04-21-2008, 06:51 PM
And here's another answer from me:

The Marathon is also a fantastic seat. It's safe, easy to use, very easy to install in most cars, will last kids from birth to usually age 5 (old enough to go into a booster in general), is easy to take apart and wash and replace bits and pieces (in contrast, the EFTA cannot have the harness removed or replaced...if you happen to have a carsick kiddo, you might regret that you can't replace icky straps easily). It (the Marathon) can also be top tethered rearfacing, which may confer some safety advantage to older/heavier kids. The EFTA cannot be RF tethered (probably not TOO big a deal, but I do prefer my kids tethered in their main carseats...)

Hope that helps! If anyone else cares to chime in with their experience with these seats, please do! And Leslie, ask all the questions you want here :)

lorinick
04-24-2008, 04:39 AM
I have the Britax Blvd. and the Evenflo. I use the Britax and my husband uses the Evenflo. Think about the Blvd. you don't have to take the seat apart to re thread straps. They go up and down with a knob. I use the Britax because it can be teehtered rear facing. We love both seats. Hope that helps.

o_mom
04-24-2008, 08:00 AM
I have the Britax Blvd. and the Evenflo. I use the Britax and my husband uses the Evenflo. Think about the Blvd. you don't have to take the seat apart to re thread straps. They go up and down with a knob. I use the Britax because it can be teehtered rear facing. We love both seats. Hope that helps.

The Triumph Advance can move the straps without rethreading. It is much different than the old Triumph.