PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing the right thing-DH's job search

purpleeyes
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Ok, I need some advice. DH and I just had a heated 'discussion' (actually, we both stayed pretty cool!) :) anyway, I am starting to think that maybe I am being to harsh...

DH is looking for a new job, new opportunities, advancement, and more $$. We don't have to have the $$, but it would be nice, we have some more expenses coming up in the next few months. He has interviewed for a company that supports the production/use of pesticides.

Now, we are not a TOTALLY organic family (can't afford it!) I buy the fruits/veggies with the highest levels of pesticides organic, organic milk, eggs, and try to get meat (again, depending on $$). blah blah blah. However, I firmly believe in organic farming, I have big problems with agro-business and corporate farms, concerns for environment, migrant workers, bio-engineered foods, high fructose corn syrup, etc.

So, him continuing to pursue this job is really upsetting to me. I mean REALLY upsetting me! I really don't think we need the $$ *that* bad, to sacrifice something that I *thought* was part of our family's values. I also think he is getting really excited about what we could do with the $$ (lots of saving, college, etc.) which would be great, but not if it is from this company, imo.

He has problems with me *telling* him what to do, and I think he's focusing on that, rather then my thoughts/opinions.

Anyway, what should I do? Any thoughts or suggestions??
THANKS!!

C99
04-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Yikes! I have no idea what you should do, but I'd be upset if my DH was pursuing an opportunity that ran blatantly counter to my values. I hope he comes around.

kransden
04-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Well, if he worked there, could he help make it a better company? I'm not saying he is going to become the vp and suddenly stop all pesticide use, but sometimes change comes from within - and slowly. So him being there might eventually make a difference, or it could just suck his soul dry ;).