PDA

View Full Version : What color is your minivan?

SpaceGal
04-21-2008, 11:43 PM
In the midst of thinking about a minivan...I'm noticing a trend on the colors of minivans.

I personally would like a black one...but umm finding one is hard, seems like something I would have to special order. So now I wonder why other colors are so popular. I see lots of white, silver, light blue, sand/gold, and maroon minivans.

Thanks for voting...I'm just curious to see what comes out.

psophia17
04-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Mine is purple...or at least a purpley-silver. It doesn't show dirt, which is why I love it, and why I'd always go for a silver or gold car...definitely never black, dark blue, or white, they look dirty in five seconds...

C99
04-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Mine is white. It wasn't by choice -- I wanted red, but it was the only one left on the lot and eligible for 0% financing. So we got white. I've since learned that light-colored cars are more environmentally friendly, so while I'd prefer to drive a fuel-efficient sedan, I'll be happy w/ the pale minivan I've got.

Piglet
04-22-2008, 01:02 AM
I have a silver van, not by choice either, but I don't understand how light coloured cars can be more environmentally friendly. If it is to do with how much they heat up in the sun and how much A/C you use, then I am probably the wrong person to be driving a light coloured car - it is well below freezing with over 5 inches of snow on the ground here today!

Globetrotter
04-22-2008, 01:12 AM
I have a boring old dark grey one, which I would GLADLY trade in for a dark red!! I thought I was being practical as I thought it wouldn't show dust easily, but it does! Phooey. DH pressured me to choose in three days so I didn't have time to think it through. I saw a beautiful blue one the other day, but it's the same color as our Camry. I also saw a black Sienna on a car carrier the other day. It was quite the sight!

Actually, I would have loved silver but... in one of my playgroups there are four silver minivans :D I should have just done it because, amongst my closest neighborhood friends (who I didn't know when I bought it) three out of four of us have the same old boring grey minivan!! :oops:

Kris

newmomto1
04-22-2008, 01:19 AM
I have a Black Odyssey...LOVE it!
It's my 3rd black Honda!!!!!
My 1st Honda was white ;)

wencit
04-22-2008, 02:03 AM
For me, I wouldn't buy a black car because it looks dirty so quickly. Plus, I live in California, and I just think it would be so hot in the summer time. My previous car was gray and DH just got a new gray Corolla, so that was out. The car before last was red, so that color was out, too. Also, the Siennas have so much red on the tail lights that I thought it would blend in too much with the minivan if I got red. I almost got white, but in the end decided to go with blue mirage metallic (kind of a light blue) and haven't regretted my decision. Combined with my beige leather seats, I think it looks bee-yoo-ti-ful.

That was my oh-so-scientific ;) thought process when I was choosing a color.

MarisaSF
04-22-2008, 07:15 AM
The official color of my Odyssey is "slate green," but it doesn't look very green to me. It looks like a bluish-grey to me.

I think the "green" in the color title is to differentiate the color from the light bluish-silver color. There are like 5 shades of grey. :rolleye0014: There is a black option.

I didn't really care about exterior color, but I wanted a lighter interior color and mine is light gray inside.

mmaimp
04-22-2008, 07:43 AM
http://www.jimcosgrove.com/music.htm

We don't have a mini-van, yet? My kids love this song though!

BillK
04-22-2008, 08:07 AM
I had a black Audi ... once. Never again - way too hard to keep looking nice.

Currently our Toyota Sienna is Arctic Frost Pearl (Pearl White) and my GMC Yukon XL is plain old white. We both love having white vehicles - they're so much easier to keep looking nice.

hillview
04-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Black is a horror story to keep clean unless you clean your car often. We let DS pick out the color of the minivan and he picked light green. It is nice. The dealer was shocked when we asked the 2.5 year old what color he wanted and he picked the light green and then dealer asked "ok what color really" and I said "you heard the 2.5 year old" ... he kept asking thinking I was kidding.
/hillaru

August Mom
04-22-2008, 08:56 AM
We wound up with a black car this time around. Neither of us wanted black but the deal was too good to pass up. Anyway, we like the car but won't do black again. It's hard to keep clean and really shows scratches. I think metallic/pearlized colors are best, regardless of shade to maximize appearance.

khm
04-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Black is a horror story to keep clean... but wow I love black cars. Madly.

My current car is silver. Clean, dirty or otherwise it is sooooo boring. It's hard to get motivated to clean it, because I don't get that "Wow, so pretty" rush. It just looks the same. It's a beautiful car itself (Audi) and I love its shape and look, but I loathe the color. Sadly, we're a "keep a car forever" kind of family so I've had it for years and will for years to come! How I wish there'd have been a darker color on the lot when we needed to buy.....

I used to have a cheapo black 2-door. It was NOT an exciting car. At all. But it was black and I thought it looked great. I'm pretty sure I'll go back to a black vehicle in the future. I know it's not practical, but I don't care! :)

KBecks
04-22-2008, 09:14 AM
I went totally practical and got silver with a dark gray interior. My last car was dark green with a tan interior and it shows scratches and dings and dirt a lot.

I love light interiors, but I knew this van is going to be used and abused and we're going to own it for a long time, so I went basic.

I also love the Odyssey in blue and I kind of like the light green, but ultimately I felt the silver will age the best over the 10+ years of ownership I hope to get from the vehicle.

I do feel if you are worried about "cool" in the minivan, you should get a fun color to make you feel happy.

KBecks
04-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Black is a horror story to keep clean... but wow I love black cars. Madly.

My current car is silver. Clean, dirty or otherwise it is sooooo boring. It's hard to get motivated to clean it, because I don't get that "Wow, so pretty" rush. It just looks the same. It's a beautiful car itself (Audi) and I love its shape and look, but I loathe the color. Sadly, we're a "keep a car forever" kind of family so I've had it for years and will for years to come! How I wish there'd have been a darker color on the lot when we needed to buy.....

I used to have a cheapo black 2-door. It was NOT an exciting car. At all. But it was black and I thought it looked great. I'm pretty sure I'll go back to a black vehicle in the future. I know it's not practical, but I don't care! :)

I saw a silver Porsche the other day and it was.... BEAUTIFUL! Just gorgeous. DH has been fantasizing about a yellow one but I told him he should get silver instead. :)

khm
04-22-2008, 09:42 AM
I saw a silver Porsche the other day and it was.... BEAUTIFUL! Just gorgeous. DH has been fantasizing about a yellow one but I told him he should get silver instead. :)

Tee hee. If the choice is yellow or silver for your future Porsche ;) then go silver for sure.

I must admit I do not understand yellow cars.... at all. Why take a great piece of engineering (as most yellow cars I've seen are expensive sports cars or BMWs) only to match it to...... Big Bird?

SpaceGal
04-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks every one for chiming in...I had a black car in the past and now a dark blue metallic one. I personally like the darker colors. I do agree that the darker colors look really nice and what not. But here's something kind of funny...my DH saw that VW is making a minivan as well (some joint effort with Dodge) and he was like it comes in orange...we should get that. :) Oh boy...I love fun colors like yellow and orange and what not but on a minivan I'm really skeptical. :)

caleymama
04-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Our current one is technically "Magnesium Pearlcoat." It's a dark greenish-blueish color that looks a little different in every light. We just got it a couple of weeks ago and have received lots of compliments on the color specifically. I wanted black but we were buying pre-owned and had to choose from what was available.

Our previous van was silver, which I didn't mind.