PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite reusable bag?

JillPill
04-22-2008, 04:28 PM
What is your favorite reusable bag? Where did you get it and how much did it cost? Does anyone have the TRU reusable bag? I saw it from a distance, and wondered if it was any good.

Which ones are the best for groceries??

Thanks!
Jill

tylersmama
04-22-2008, 04:51 PM
I have the Whole Foods bags made from recycled plastic and I love them. I think they're .99, but I got one free...just happened to be there the day they were giving out one free bag per customer! I have two, and they're almost always large enough to get all our groceries in. Plus, the handles are long enough to go on your shoulders to make them easier to carry (they can get a little heavy esp. with a gallon of milk, but it's not bad at all). Plus, I get .10 back every time I use them, both at WF and my regular grocery store, so they've paid for themselves many times over just in the few months I've had them!

Lolabee
04-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Ditto the recommendation for the large Whole Foods bags! I ended up buying 4 for myself and 2 each for my sister and my mom because they loved them so much too. I take them to every store I go to, even Target, and I've been amazed by how much I can cram into these bags (even really heavy stuff, like 3 gallon containers of milk.) At $1.00 each they are really affordable, and they are still holding up amazingly well after 6 plus months of weekly use.

Hope that helps!

deannanb
04-22-2008, 10:29 PM
I agree with the whole food bags ...
although they do not live long if you put books in them.
i had been using it for our library bag - and it split open after using it twice!

I also like the freezer bag I bought at costco - it is insulated and keeps frozen and cold food really cold for a while. I think it was around $5 or 6

txmomtobe
04-22-2008, 10:47 PM
I bought the ACME bags at reusablebags.com. I love them. They will last a long time. They may even have a lifetime warranty but I don't remember. They also stand on their own. They are not compact but that's a trade off for the durability of the bags. I paid something like $8 a bag or so. I only bought four and that's been more than enough since stuff that fits in about two or three plastic bags fit in one acme bag. I just keep them in my car.

JillPill
04-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all the input. I've received some really great ideas!!

Jill

Toffeecakes57
04-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I love the Trader Joe's bags and they come in really cute prints!

Jodi (mom to Ella 18 mos and Josh 4 yrs old)

melonkelli
04-24-2008, 10:53 AM
I have a Reisenthel bag which folds up into a little case which goes in my purse. Unfolded it's about the size of a plastic bag. Very lightweight and nice to have.

My main bags are a set of EnviroSacs. They fold up easily and a set fit into my diaper bag (5 fit in about the same space as diapers + wipes). Sadly, I lost my carrying case and the beautiful red EnviroSac when I was shopping (along with the groceries it contained), so now I'm down to 4 bags.

In the car I keep the Costco or Ikea bags. They fold down flat, but when I need to keep all of my bags and gallons of milk from rolling around in the back of the car, I put everything in the bigger bags.