PDA

View Full Version : Graco swing frame?

tnrnchick74
04-22-2008, 09:46 PM
I was perusing swing options and saw the Graco swing frame that works with the Snugride & Safeseat infant seats. I already have received the Snugride infant seat...

Does anyone have any info or advice regarding these? Is this a good alternative for buying a swing? It looks like a neat idea!

http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=1F01GSV&CategoryID=5

codex57
04-23-2008, 01:07 AM
We have it. We also have the Sweet Peace. In all honesty, we probably should have only kept the swing frame. Both are equally effective. At $50, it's a great buy. Our only complaint is that it's battery only, but for something that portable, it makes sense to only be batteries.

shaee
04-23-2008, 03:11 AM
I have heard that infants shouldnt be kept in a car seat for too long (flat head etc) so i am doubtful about the use of swing with car seat... but its just my opinion!!

tnrnchick74
04-23-2008, 04:10 PM
We have it. We also have the Sweet Peace. In all honesty, we probably should have only kept the swing frame. Both are equally effective. At $50, it's a great buy. Our only complaint is that it's battery only, but for something that portable, it makes sense to only be batteries.

thanks! I might check it out!

tnrnchick74
04-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I have heard that infants shouldnt be kept in a car seat for too long (flat head etc) so i am doubtful about the use of swing with car seat... but its just my opinion!!
No, I don't feel like a baby should be kept in a carseat/bouncy seat/swing for a majority of the day...and a flat head is the least of my worries there! But as long as baby is being held, played with, carried, and has plenty of tummy time then I don't see a problem with using a swing. My question isn't about using a swing, but rather if the swing frame is a better deal instead of buying a regular swing. The regular swing is about 2 x the cost of the swing frame and I already HAVE the carseat that fits the frame. But I agree that swings/bouncyseats/infant seats shouldn't be the place baby stays the majority of the day.

ETA - the carseat is one of many things that can cause a flat head: "back to sleep", bouncy seats, etc all do the same thing...put pressure on the back of the head.

natalinithegreat
04-28-2008, 03:30 PM
We have it and my son (15 wks old) likes it. We got it b/c we live in NYC with limited space in our apartment, so I thought it seemed more space efficient than having a swing, a bouncy seat, and a car seat. (Since it vibrates, too, we didn't get a seperate bouncy seat either) It also provides a handy place to store the car seat when not in use. The only negatives are that ours makes kind of a loud clicking noise when it's swinging, although my son doesn't seem to mind - he usually goes right to sleep when we put him in it. I also don't think it has a volume control for the music and nature sounds, which are a little loud, but again, my son doesn't seem to mind - we just turn the sound off once he's sleeping. Overall, I would recommend it, especially if you have limited space and don't want to buy a whole bunch of different things.

lorinick
04-28-2008, 03:44 PM
I was not impressed with it. I love the idea of it. It went through battries every other week. My son was big and it wouldn't move with bundle me on it. And taking it off while baby was asleep not happening. Returned.