PDA

View Full Version : High Chair for 7mo old

rkvm
04-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Sorry if it's a repeat question, but couldn't find an answer after my search.

I'm looking for a high chair recommendation for our 7mo old. Looking for something sturdy, lasts long and easy to clean, nothing fancy. Budget is little flexible, but not looking for any cosmetic stuff.

I was thinking of booster, saw that lot of Mom's are happy with FP Space Saver, but she's very spirited and I'm sure will push the dining chair.

Thanks so much for your time!!!!

Piglet
04-23-2008, 12:58 AM
The FP booster is AWESOME!! We have had ours used and abused by both DS2 and DD. It has been in constant use for the last 2.5 years and still looks great, works as it should and best of all, I can fit it in the dishwasher on sterilize every few months to get the really stubborn dirt off. I am not missing my highchair one bit. I have never heard of it being a problem for spirited or other kids. I can see how a kid can push off the dining room table if the booster is on a flimsy chair, but none of my kids have ever even come close to doing it and we just have cheap Ikea chairs. One of the things that can help is making sure you attach the tray and don't put the chair too close to the table if you are really worried. As kids get older and start to eat at the table directly, you can make them stop dangerous behaviour like pushing off the table. I would just tell the child that if they put their feet up they will have to use the tray. That tray is one of the best features of the FP booster - it is VERY hard to pop off with the child's feet. DS2 can pull it off with his hands, but he has well outgrown the booster.

belovedgandp
04-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I have both the Fisher Price booster and a First Years model. I've never had a high chair and have loved doing boosters instead. My First Years one is over five years old now. It's the one we have permanently attached to a kitchen chair. I picked up the FP for portability to have one to take with us to family gatherings, things at church, etc when it's nice to be able to give your child a seat and free you hands. We just used it this weekend at a big birthday dinner in a church basement for our 10 month old.

The First Years one is larger and doesn't fold up as nicely as the FP one. While it's not portable it has been great to keep in one place. The back is higher, so when both of our DS's were in the stage of throwing back their head they hit the booster chair not the chair behind them. In the FP their heads were above the booster back which meant they went back farther and hit the chair.

WatchingThemGrow
04-23-2008, 10:59 AM
We are really happy with the Peg Prima Diner in Oatmeal. Very adjustable, great wheels. We used it all around the house (single story), and we're still as happy with it the second time around. We like that it doesn't take up one of our dining chairs and that makes it easy to have dinner guests over. We use the
bjorn bibs and Kangaroo bibs to catch falling stuff. It is also easy on the eyes in picture/movie backgrounds.

rkvm
04-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks everybody. I will go over these options with DH and see what he thinks. We really have to get one soon!!!