PDA

View Full Version : I got a couple of Clek Olli boosters

Joolsplus2
04-23-2008, 09:03 AM
http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/ClekOllis

Just wanted to share how much we love them (Haven't taken a picture of ds in his yet, though, dd was being a model for a friend making a PowerPoint so I was inspired to get pictures of her :) )

Davids-Coco
04-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Julie, was looking through your pictures... and am cracking up at Houdini's car seat! That is awesome.

emelsea
04-23-2008, 02:39 PM
They seem shallow, like they end mid-thigh. Do you think she'll be comfortable for long rides? Love the patterns on the seats.

Joolsplus2
04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah, it is very shallow compared to other boosters! But it feels like vehicle upholstery, it's super soft, not like the usual square hunk of plastic, so there's no real pressure into the backs of the thighs which seems to be important. We've actually owned the Oto (Canadian version) for a year or so, and the kids haven't once complained yet of discomfort (for comparison's sake, they aren't big complainers...the only seats that have bugged them were the bare bones evenflo big kid and the Parkway hurt my son's back once he was 9.5 and there's not a lot of thigh support in it).

LOL, yeah, I had fun making that picture up (www.carseatsite.com even borrowed it to demonstrate different chest clip types).

:)

ctbarts
04-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks for posting your pictures and all of your valuable information!!

If you do not mind, what type of car are these boosters pictured? I am thinking of getting a new booseter for DS, who is 7ys 62 pounds and 52 inches. He is in a Parkway and complaining it is uncomfortable (he is a big boy) and the seat belt is always twisting and sometimes getting slack in it. He is the third row of our 06 Oddessy and because of the twisty belt issue I am wondering if a backless would be better. The seat backs seem a little low though, but I guess I can adjust the headrest. I know highbacks are safer, but I feel if the belt moved smoother in a backless, maybe that is better.

At any rate, I was considering this booster as I like that it latches and I was considering the switch to the backless and wondering what type of car you had it in.

Thanks!!!

Joolsplus2
04-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I have them in a Ford Escape right now, with side curtain airbags. I've used it in the 'slid to the center' spot of my Odyssey's middle row (no airbags in that car, so I don't like lowbacks next to the windows), and it can also be used without LATCH (the anchors just kind of slide into the gap in the seat cushion). It's definitely the nicest no-back booster you can get. My kids are in love with the armrests, and it's super easy to buckle, since there is such a nice huge gap inside the armrest to work around. As long as your kiddo's not still a major car napper, it's probably a fantastic choice :)

ctbarts
04-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks!!!

Do ever get the twisty strap issues in your oddessy with a highback booster? It did not seem to be an issue as much in our 03 oddy, but I feel the back of the seats are lower in the 06 and the belts do not move as smooth as I would like.

Thanks gain!