PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Lowe's upright freezer?

downwarddog
04-23-2008, 05:00 PM
OK, so I want an upright freezer. However, I'm now being really lazy and want to get it at the Lowe's near me because I'm sick of looking. I did all this research on models, & of course none are at Lowe's, and most are older models and most seem too small anyway.

Does anyone have one of the uprights that Lowe's sells & are you happy or dissatisfied with it? Please tell!

Of course, if anyone has an upright they love (must be EnergyStar), tell me how big, where you got it & price, if you don't mind. I'm open to ideas!

Thanks,
Lenore

icunurse
04-23-2008, 06:18 PM
We have a Frigidaire from Lowe's, whatever the biggest one is. We bought it a few years ago, though. And I know it had the lowest operating costs, not sure about EnergyStar (which wasn't as well publicized as it is now). We bought it from the store and we love it. It has two baskets at the bottom, so a nice place to put some misshapen bigger stuff. And we can fit tons of food into there. It was a great price, delivery was great. I would go there again for an appliance (we also used them for our washer/dryer purchase).

s7714
04-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Do you mean your local Lowe's just doesn't have anything you want in stock or that Lowe's doesn't the brand/model what you wanted in general? If your local one doesn't have something you want in stock they can generally special order it for you. I did a custom order with them for mine, which is a Frigidaire. Mine's around 14 or 15 cu ft. and it's just the right size for us. I opted for one with glass shelves vs. wire and it has temp. alerts, quick freeze, etc. I *think* we paid about $700 for it after taxes and delivery.

I didn't get an Energy Star one though because the non-ES one I wanted had better energy ratings than the step larger ES approved one, if that makes any sense. (The ES ratings are a "best in class" type of thing, so just because a 21 cu ft. model is ES approved, it doesn't mean it'll use less energy than a smaller model.) I based my purchase on what size my family needed first and then looked at the ES options/energy consumption second. Once I knew the size I was able to compare energy use across the board in similar sizes and judge which would would actually be the most efficient in the size I wanted.

kellij
04-24-2008, 01:13 AM
I have one too. I can't remember what model. I think I got it last year about this time. It was awesome. I walked in and there was one with a ding. It was $300 and it's usually like 600-750 or something like that. Plus, they let me use a 10% coupon off. I LOVE IT. I think it's energy star. So I did zero research, but I'm really happy with it.