PDA

View Full Version : Bra/breast issue

JenaW
04-23-2008, 07:55 PM
As long as I am logged in and posting, I figured I would get all of my questions out. I am having a HORRIBLE time with bras. I have read many of the posts here, and tried several of the suggested bras with little luck. When DS#1 was born I was a 42F and loved my Bravados. I dealt with the uni-boob look as a trade-off for comfort. I nursed him until a few weeks before DC#2 was born, and used the same bras. DC#2 was nursed until I was hospitalized on bedrest with DC#3. After her birth I had shrunk a bit, and all my bravados were stretched out. I bought some YES! bras on ebay in a smaller size and loved those for a while. I am still nursing DC#4 and due with #5 in late Sept/early Oct, but I have lost weight and the YES!s are too big now too. I have tried several of my previous favs but most have underwires, which I think I need for shape/support but they cut into my underarm. I know I need to get refitted. Most of my problem seems to be that I measure around a 36-38 D or DD, but much of my breast tissue is under my armpits and not on the front of my chest. I spent over an hour at Motherhood last week with my mom and tried on all their styles in multiple sizes and did not find anything that was flattering AND comfortable. We don't have a Nordstroms nearby...any other suggestions? Do I just go back to the Bravado/Yes style and go down another size? I am not expecting the size to change much when #5 is born since I am still nursing now and probably won't wean much before the delivery.

Thnks.

Jera

npace19147
04-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I have used and been happy with the Medela softcup bras:

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/intimate-apparel/458/seamless-softcup-bras-nude

No underwire, but more shape/support than just a stretchy bra. The clasp is pretty easy to open and close.

SnuggleBuggles
04-23-2008, 08:56 PM
You know, I actually like my soft cup Gillian & O'Malley nursing bras from Target for $13. They have good support and give a nice shape. Can't beat the price either, imo. I can't seem to find it online. Mine has lace.

Beth

birdie75
04-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Is there a local specialty bra shop. I have found they are the best at fittings and can see what your issues are

tylersmama
04-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Is there a local specialty bra shop. I have found they are the best at fittings and can see what your issues are

:yeahthat:

If you don't know of one, you could try calling a lactation consultant or your local LLL to see if they know of one. I know that many stores that specialize in post-mastectomy bras and supplies also do a great job with nursing bras, so that may be an option. Good luck!

MamaMolly
04-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I took the advice of many moms here and went to Nordie's for a fitting. Turns out I was in the right size, but the gal was a WONDER at picking out bras I would like to wear. My absolute FAVORITE is an Elle McPhearson soft cup nursing with a tiny bit of lace on the edges of the cups. I had BEAUTIFUL cleavage and great support from wearing this bra while nursing. Loved my nursing boobs. Still miss them...Anyway, it is such a great bra I still wear them all the time as my comfy bras now (even tho' DD was weaned at 16.5 mos) which I know I shouldn't but oooooooh, they are soft! Now that I'm a bit smaller and they are so worn out I have a bit of the uni-boob going, but when I was nursing and the bras were still fresk I LOVED how they looked and felt. Also they have 3 hooks in the back, in 6 rows so it is great as you get bigger or smaller. Easy access one handed hooks, etc, etc.

And BOO HISS on Motherhood bras. I bought several hoping they'd be great but really was uncomfortable and disapointed in them. Cr@ppy support, they fall apart after washing, junk, junk, junk. Total waste of $$$.

HTH,

shilo
05-03-2008, 12:12 AM
i've tried the same bras you listed, but my favorite last time around was the Melinda G tee-shirt soft cup bra. the large fit me from a 36 DD down to a 34 D right before i weaned last time around. it does not have an underwire but does have one of those shaped seam things under each cup which seemed to look better under tshirts than the bravado, yes or medella's i had. i think they make an underwire nursing bra, but i haven't tried it.

hth, lori

Tondi G
05-03-2008, 12:18 AM
I have used and been happy with the Medela softcup bras:

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/products/intimate-apparel/458/seamless-softcup-bras-nude

No underwire, but more shape/support than just a stretchy bra. The clasp is pretty easy to open and close.

I second this suggestion! Only bra I really felt comfy in!