PDA

View Full Version : I really hate my family

kransden
04-24-2008, 12:10 AM
My mom has been ill for several years and finally died last week. I am happy she is at peace. My father has been gone for several years.

So now I am having to dealing with 5 other PITA siblings that are being nasty to each other about money, the TWO memorial services, and the fact they are just plain being @##$% to each other.

I am the only one talking to everyone. I dread my phone ringing, or even looking at my email. The constant sniping is depressing.

DH is traveling and while would like to be emotional support, is almost completely unavailable to talk to due to the time difference.

My very best friend's partner of 15 years has a rare brain tumor and is going to die, and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I know in reality, my life isn't that bad, but I just feel like wallowing in self pity tonight.

Thanks for Listening,

julieakc
04-24-2008, 12:49 AM
:hug5: Sorry about the loss of your mom, you seem ok with it given the circumstances, but it is still a loss.

And I'm really sorry about your family - their behaviour really stinks and it's too bad that you have to deal with it, especially with DH being out of town.

I hope the estate is quickly resolved so you can put your siblings' bickering behind you.

Melanie
04-24-2008, 02:53 AM
I'm so sorry. :(

AngelaS
04-24-2008, 06:45 AM
I'm so sorry about your mom. (((HUGS)))

Sibling spats are a PITA. I'm sorry you have to deal with that too.

tamie
04-24-2008, 08:44 AM
I am sorry for your loss and that you are dealing with all this. It seems that times like this can really bring out the worst in people. ((((HUGS))))

elizabethkott
04-24-2008, 08:50 AM
(((((Hugs)))))
I am very sorry for your loss.
It seems like there is always at least one person in every family who acts like a complete sh!t a majority of the time. I'm sorry that you have to deal with a whole bunch of them, especially right now.

rebeccaravit
04-24-2008, 10:52 AM
:hug5: (((( BIG HUGS ))))

My thoughts are with you right now.

elephantmeg
04-24-2008, 12:36 PM
major hugs to you, sorry you are going through this

JTsMom
04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
:hug5: I'm so sorry for all you are dealing with right now. My MIL passed a year and a half ago, and we're still dealing with estate issues b/c of DH's insane siblings. It really stinks being in the middle of that nonsense. He just had to fly out to CA to go to court to evict his deadbeat brother who decided to squat in MIL's house- nice, huh? I hope it all gets resolved very quickly for you.

bethie_73
04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
I'm truly sorry. when my mom died, my dad fell apart. So (as the baby of 6) I got to set up both memorial services and decide who got what :(

I still remember having to clean out my parents house AND having a screaming/crying fight with one of my brothers in the parking lot at my job. :cry: Because of the division of stuff. Alot of my family only cares about themselves, and it really comes out at funerals.

Good Luck and :hug: Do what is best for you!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
04-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm so sorry about all this karin. Sorry that your mom passed away, that bf dp is sick, that dh can't be there,that your siblings are being a bunch of jerks. Gosh, when it rains it pours huh? Don't know what else to say. When my mom passed away we were all too young for estate matters so I've never dealt with that part of it.

The whole thing just sucks. Sorry.

kransden
04-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. My mom was 88 and had a stroke 5 years before. So while it is always hard to lose your mother, I had a long time to prepare, and I know she had a good life.

We had already divided up the estate when she moved into assisted living after the stoke. So while there are some final money issues, that is not the true problem. Basically, my siblings are just acting like jerks to each other because they can. That is what is driving me crazy. Why can't they just get along.