PDA

View Full Version : ISO everyday sunscreen for oily/acne-prone skin

CiderLogan
04-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Yes, another beauty product question! :) It seems like all the sunscreens for everyday use are moisturizers, and more moisture is the last thing I need on my face. But, I'm outside a lot these days, and I'm fair, and I'm using an acne medication that makes one's skin more sensitive to sun, so I need a non-greasy, light sunscreen that I'll like enough to use everyday. (I use BareMinerals, but I really don't think the sunscreen capabilities could last all day...am I wrong?)
Thanks for any recommendations!!!

pastrygirl
04-24-2008, 07:32 AM
I only just started using it a week ago, but I LOVE Devita sunscreen! It's an all-natural sunscreen so it doesn't have that horrible chemical smell that makes you think of the beach. I found out about it on a mineral makeup board (I use mineral makeup, too, but not BE). It feels so light going on and hasn't made me greasy or made me break out. I use the "body" one on my face.

It's on sale here (http://www.internatural.com/ingr/ingr169034.cfm) this month. :D

CiderLogan
04-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Cool! Thanks! I had never heard of that brand, although it sounds promising. Does it make you shiny/oily looking at all?

I guess I'd apply things as follows: concealer, then sunscreen, then mineral makeup...right? (I've never worn any sort of lotion/sunscreen/other product under makeup regularly.)

Thanks!!

willow33
04-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I have very oily skin and I swear by Neutrogena Ultra Sheer. It is the only sunscreen that doesn't make me break out and it feels almost like powder after you apply it. You definitiely should try it!!

vludmilla
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
I agree with the PP about the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer. It's not an all natural sunscreen but it is the only one I can tolerate on my face.
-Victoria

momtoonegirl
04-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Another Neutrogena Ultra Sheer user here. Great product :)

pastrygirl
04-24-2008, 05:37 PM
I always put sunscreen on after my moisturizer (until Devita, it was part of my moisturizer). I put my concealer/foundation on after the sunscreen. It does leave me a little shiny, but makeup would help that. I haven't worn makeup since starting the Devita a week ago, though. It's still very new to me!

lizajane
04-24-2008, 06:17 PM
keihls was awesome for me the last two summers!!! i just get the oil free lotion with SPF 15. i am seriously prone to instant breakouts if i use any lotion on my face EXCEPT keihls. i also used burts bees chemical free sunscreen SPF15 this week on a trip and liked it, too!

maestramommy
04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Another user of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer:) I think it's the Dry apply? Yes, feels almost powdery. I started using it for all day climbing expeditions. Great stuff, never made me break out, and I have that tendency when I sweat. I get the spf 45.

spanannie
04-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Sofina is AMAZING. It is great for oily/acne prone skin and also acts as a great makeup base. It is hard to find, and I have to purchase from BeautyKat.com, but a bottle lasts a long time and it's so worth it!