PDA

View Full Version : I am so weak in the morning - any advice?

jacksmom0902
04-24-2008, 10:20 AM
I am so weak in the morning, which of course is when I need to do the most. I eat what I consider to be a good breakfast but shortly thereafter need to sit down when I really need to be getting the boys ready for preschool. I went grocery shopping at Target yesterday after dropping my older son off at preschool and had to camp out on a bench in the shoe department for quite a while until I felt like I could get up and get moving again. I have a prescription for iron pills and am thinking maybe I need to start taking those. Any other ideas? I'm 24 weeks today.

Thanks,
Karla

Happydaddy
04-24-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm no professional but you could be anemic. If you have a script for iron you probably should take them. My wife was feeling the same way because she didn' t have enough iron. She's now taking Slow FE and feeling better.

caheinz
04-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Have you checked with your doc since you've felt like this? Seems like it would be worth at least a phone call...

gatorsmom
04-27-2008, 10:33 PM
You could have low blood sugar. Have you tried eating a cookie or breakfast bar when you feel like this?

I used to feel weak in the morning too and oddly enough, the only thing that helped was high protein foods. So, when I was out and about I started carrying snacks high in protein with me. Kashi granola bars were a favorite. I also loved chocolate milk because it had good protein AND carb levels.

caheinz
04-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Any update?

I happened to have some blood work (unrelated to being pg) last week, and it came back slightly anemic. I loaded up on iron-rich foods this weekend, and have been feeling a bit more energetic... so it definitely could be a lack of iron...