PDA

View Full Version : Best backpack for Disney?

tlw
04-24-2008, 05:00 PM
What type of backpack/bag do you take to the park? I've been reading lots about this on other boards.

My general philosophy on Life is "less is more" so I think I would prefer a slim-line type of backpack just for essentials. We'll go back to the hotel for a nap after lunch, so I don't need to carry around tons of stuff (or at least I don't think I do!) FWIW, it will just be DH, DS, and me.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Momof3Labs
04-24-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't like backpacks in Disney. You need to remove it on almost every ride, and they can get hot (if the weather is warm).

I prefer to have a diaper bag that I leave with the stroller with inexpensive essentials - extra diapers, wipes, cheerios, sippy cup, etc. Stuff that I can replace easily on the offchance that the bag walks away. And I carry a small messenger-type bag with valuables - wallet, tickets, camera, cell phone, etc. The messenger bag can stay on me for most rides, I just lift it out of the way of the safety bar/belt. Plus, I feel more secure having my valuables on my hip vs. on my back where someone can unzip the bag without me noticing.

Last trip, I used a small Lexie Barnes messenger-style bag. I've used the LE little tripper in the past, but it is kind of big for this purpose.

kransden
04-24-2008, 11:49 PM
I always use a big fanny pack. With dd I used a stoller with the diaper bag hanging on it. Just make sure you take a stoller you don't mind getting stolen. I had a friend's $400 model get taken at Disney. Though I have never heard of a $50 graco getting stolen.

bnme
04-25-2008, 07:07 AM
I used a backpack in Disney and it worked well for my needs. It was sometimes a pain if I had to take it off or needed to get something quickly or while walking. But I don't do good with bags on my shoulder, even for short periods and I wanted to have certain things with me always, not left on stroller. So my bag was light and slim. I often wore it on the rides.

It was a bag similar to this in size and thickness:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/27079425/c/146687.html

In it was my wallet, sunscreen, lipbalm, brush, 2 pullups, wipes, thin blanket (for changes), maybe a few other things. Basically any essential I would need if I ended up by myself with kid(s) w/o main stroller bag. We put more supplies, snacks, change of clothes, etc in the stroller bag which we left. It was also a backpack and my DH would carry it when needed.

HTH

colleenfs
05-08-2008, 09:36 PM
People on the DisBoards rave about the Baggallini Messenger (http://www.bagsbuy.com/baggallini-mes160-messenger-bagg/121602). I just got one, and I'm really happy with it. Can't wait to use it at WDW in October. It comes in a bunch of colors, I got the pink! :love5:

http://www.bagsbuy.com/pi/bagga/bagga121602_64247_lg.jpg

Oak
05-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I would look at a Gregory backpack. Choose the one that is appropriate for your size... can't go wrong with one!

sophiesmom
05-28-2008, 02:27 PM
July will be my second trip to Disney w/ 3 kids. I plan on using a Lands End backpack for most of the things I want to carry. This will stay w/ the stroller, but will be easy for an adult to lug around if we need to get on a bus/boat for transportation to/from parks. Then I plan on finding a nice lightweight small bag that I can wear across body for my camera, cell, lipstick, $, purell. Still working on finding this though! This way the important stuff can come on and off the rides w/ me w/out being a lot to carry!

HTH!

mnosky1
06-21-2008, 11:29 PM
We used a crocs sling bag and that worked great - I like the sling style because you can wear it like a backpack but it comes off easily. Plus we got to put Disney jibbitz on it!
Michelle