PDA

View Full Version : Laugh and Learn House vs Kitchen

theweebee
04-24-2008, 10:28 PM
My mom is finally getting round to getting DD her Easter gift and wants to get her either the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Home or the Laugh and Learn Kitchen, but is not sure which one. DD just turned 18 months, and I'm worried may be too old for either of these toys already. She's a good walker/runner and recently has gotten to be a good climber. So...

1. Which do people like better: the home or the kitchen, and
2. Is DD too old at 18 months to get much more out of either of these toys?

Neatfreak
04-25-2008, 06:42 AM
My DD doesn't have the kitchen, but what I can add to the discussion is that she played with the L&L House the most when she was b/w 24-36 months, and we gave it to her for her first birthday. She was interested in all the features at that time, particularly the shape-shorting. When she was younger, she was only really keen on the doorbell and climbing through the door.

Your own mileage may vary, of course :)

blisstwins
04-25-2008, 08:33 AM
I don't know about the kitchen either, but we had the house and did not put it away uintil the kids were over 3. Every child is different, but at our place the house was huge hit.

happy2bamom
04-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I agree with the pp, the house is one of my kids favorite toys. My 19 month old plays with it daily. My oldest played with it pretty regularly until he was about 3.5. We have a different kitchen and it doesn't get nearly as much play time as the house.

kate909
04-27-2008, 07:34 PM
We have the house and the kitchen - one at home and one at sitter's house. DS is 13 mo. and not walking on his own yet, so he uses both to pull himself up and balance on. Both are pretty stable, but the house has slightly more of a tendency to tip over - that's only because he's completely hanging on it, trying to see over the top. The kitchen has never tipped at all. They both have great features, but if I had to just pick one, I would go with the house. The house is more compact than the kitchen, so that may be a factor for you if storage space is an issue.