PDA

View Full Version : How does return insurance from elitecarseats.com work? - Cross-post from Strollers

August Mom
04-24-2008, 11:34 PM
I posted in the stroller section, but haven't gotten any replies, so I thought I'd post here too. After all, I am asking about something from elitecarseats.com. LOL

So, because I get so indecisive about these things, I'm thinking about ordering a stroller from elitecarseats.com with the return insurance in case I don't like the color/change my mind/whatever.

Assuming that I don't use the stroller outside or otherwise damage it, would I have to pay anything other than the cost of the return insurance to return the stroller? For example, if it shipped free to begin with, if I return it do I have to pay the original shipping cost? I don't see this explained on the website. The way I'm interpreting it, I pay $2.99 or whatever it is for the return insurance and then get 100% back (no shipping deduction) unless I damage the stroller.

Is this right? I was hoping someone had BTDT and could tell me how easy it was to do and how it all worked out. TIA

Aishe
04-25-2008, 04:01 PM
It's been about a year since I returned a seat to elitecarseats.com, so I may not remember this perfectly, but as I recall they send you a mailing label for returns when you buy the insurance. If you end up using it you still pay something on top of the $2.99 - to the carrier, not elitecarseats - but it's a drastically reduced cost. I want to say I paid something like $7 to ship the seat (we're on the west coast), but again, I'm not sure that my memory about this is perfect. HTH!