PDA

View Full Version : Twins! Infant car seat recs?

fink0623
04-25-2008, 09:05 AM
We are having twins in September and need to get two infant car seats. We used the Combi with ds and loved it but we are looking for something that is a little less pricey since we'll be buying for two. Anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks!
Sarah

Graham 8/05
twins coming soon!

Joolsplus2
04-25-2008, 10:55 AM
How exciting! I love the Safeseat for it's bargain price and long use http://www.albeebaby.com/graco-infant-safeseat-step-1-8a05rxy-roxy.html (it will last many months longer than the combi...not that you HAVE to use it as an infant carrier, because it can be heavy with a toddler in it, lol, but just in terms of a seat that might last at least 18 months and you *can* carry in and out of the car if it's convenient is priceless!)

o_mom
04-25-2008, 11:17 AM
SafeSeats are a great choice. I absolutely adore mine. However, I would have a backup plan in place if they come early. The SafeSeat may not fit very small babies well enough and the lower weight limit is 5 lbs. Lisa (gatorsmom) used them with her twins, but they were good sized (6+ lbs). Hopefully they will be just fine in them, but if you do go early, you may want to have it researched enough to say "Someone go pick me up two KeyFits!"

Joolsplus2
04-25-2008, 12:02 PM
True, true... Graco's lowering their low slots and it's beginning to hit the market already (going from 8 inches to 6), but I don't know how long till they are universal (and moreover, on sale for less than full price!). Lots of stores offer twins discount, that might help...and take your measuring tape to be sure you are getting the newest model with the lowest slots :)

o_mom
04-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Oh yay! Why didn't I know this? Did I know this, LOL? If they could just shorten the buckle strap it would be perfect!

Joolsplus2
04-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Oh yay! Why didn't I know this? Did I know this, LOL? If they could just shorten the buckle strap it would be perfect!

I heard about it from the Lifesavers Conference, but then a mom on car-seat.org took her measuring tape to BRU and measured EVERY slot she could find, and the picture of the new low ones really punctuated the change in my mind. Um, yeah, the crotch strap could stand to be a little lower...I hope Graco took that into consideration when they made this change, newborns are kind of buried in plastic components for their first few weeks of life in this seat :ROTFLMAO: