PDA

View Full Version : Compass I420

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
04-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Does anyone have a Compass I420, if so do you like it?

jjordan
04-25-2008, 01:20 PM
I ordered one from learning curve with the 50% off code (see the bargain forum for more info) but I haven't used it yet. I've heard they're really great, only downside is they can't be used without the base. So you need to get an extra base for each car, or move your one base around to any car you use. You can get an extra base from baby-wise.com for about $25 + shipping.

Jill

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
04-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Jill,

I went on that site that u mentioned but I do not see the infant car seat only the booster seat...

jjordan
04-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Sorry about that! They had several options earlier this week; it must have sold out. Albee Baby has a couple for $80 if that helps.

http://www.albeebaby.com/compass-infant-car-seat.html

Jill

MOMMY2MITCHELLnTBD
04-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Jill,

Thanks... please let me know what you think of the car seat when you get it...

Katner
05-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Don't mean to resurrect this thread, but I just received my Ebano Compass I-420 carseat and feel like I need to update anyone who's considering it for their infant.

The seat is EXCELLENT! It is extremely well thought out and I couldn't be happier about it. The ONLY negative comment I have about it is the lack of useability without the base. To me that is a small draw-back far, far out-weighed by it's several strengths. Which are: superior fabric quality, superior build quality, superior materials (aluminum and other metals are used where other manufacturers use plastic), superior baby comfort, excellent safety, extremely light-weight (I'm betting it's lighter than a snugride), very easy to carry, easy to install and remove from base, campatible with the best all-around stroller in the world (IMO)...the Inglisina Zippy.

We got it to match our black Zippy stroller and my wife and I couldn't be happier with the seat. Having considered all of the most popular, most expensive, and most reputible seats on the market, I am very, very glad I chose this one. I think I'll post my own review with pictures some time this week.