PDA

View Full Version : NEWS FROM BRITAX about the Frontier!

Joolsplus2
04-25-2008, 05:05 PM
Some early buyers of this seat had *horrible* installation issues using the regular seatbelt path. Well, Britax listened to their concerns :). They took the Frontier out and tried it in dozens of popular cars and decided to allow the 'long' belt path just as the Regent has had as an option/requirement for years now. Here're the new instructions that should make this seat compatible with a much wider variety of vehicles http://www.britaxusa.com/documents/FrontierInstallationTips.pdf

Of course it's still best to try a seat before buying it, or at least make sure the store you buy from has a good return policy, but I think this will make the seat a great option for most of us who need this type of seat :boogie:

o_mom
04-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Woo Hoo!!!

wendmatt
04-25-2008, 09:02 PM
But the Regent says you have to change to the short belt path when your child reaches 40lbs. Does this mean I can keep the regent with the long belt install? I just weighed DD at the vets on the doggy scale and she seems to have suddenly hit 40lbs! Has anyone actually tried the frontier yet? I think I'm going to double my efforts to sell my regent and relook at the frontier! Have you seen it in real life yet Jools? Is it nice? Is it much less wider than the regent? I REALLY want one!

Joolsplus2
04-26-2008, 08:47 AM
So far I've only seen pictures...but it looks good :)

This seat is really totally different from the Regent, you'll have to keep following the Regent's rules...