PDA

View Full Version : RA/MA in Ody Plus One seat?

heatherlynn
04-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Can you put a RA/MA FF in the Ody plus one seat? It's time for a new car and I'm trying to decide between the Sienna or the Ody. I'd like to have all 3 in the second row - my 10yo in a regular seat, my 2yo in the middle, and my 3yo behind the driver. I prefer the Ody, but I think this setup would work better in the Sienna. Thanks!

o_mom
04-26-2008, 12:07 PM
There was just a thread on this....

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=292108

heatherlynn
04-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks! I actually posted on that thread! I guess I should have been more specific because I'm still confused.

Would I need to use latch on the plus one? I don't want a booster and I don't want to RF the seat. Thanks again!

Joolsplus2
04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
There's no LATCH on that seat, you just have to use the seatbelt and use the shoulderbelt lockoff for sure (it will somewhat take the place of a top tether, which the plus one seat is lacking)

o_mom
04-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks! I actually posted on that thread! I guess I should have been more specific because I'm still confused.

Would I need to use latch on the plus one? I don't want a booster and I don't want to RF the seat. Thanks again!

I thought it seemed familiar, lol.

Like Julie said, you won't have LATCH or even a top tether, so seatbelt with lockoff. Also, look at which side the center seat buckles on and put the harnessed seat on that side so your oldest doesn't accidently unbuckle the middle seat. I'm not sure if a forward-facing seat will work there as far as installation issues. I think your best bet is to go to the dealer with your seats and try it out.