PDA

View Full Version : Need something to put books in for a present

lexie's mom
04-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I ordered my friend's daughter about 10 books and I need something to put them in to give them to her. Any ideas??? It is a birthday gift and she is turning 2.

The only idea that I have would be a backpack but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Stacey

kedss
04-26-2008, 01:23 PM
depending on the size of the books, you could get a wicker basket for them or get a plain tote bag from Michael's and decorate it?

bubbaray
04-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Lands End medium sized tote. They are great for packing toys and activities for hospital visits or road trips!

MamaMolly
04-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I love the Land's End or LL Bean bag idea, or what about one of those toy crates from Target that have the chalkboard paint on the side? You could personalize that, too.

lexie's mom
04-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Love the ideas...I actually have a Lands End Tote and love mine. I could even get it personalized.

Thanks!
Stacey

cleo27
04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Last year for DDs birthday, a good friend gave about 10 or 15 books to DD and had them in a mesh tote bag. Terrific presentation of the gift and we get a lot of use from it, using it as a pool/beach bag.

bubbaray
04-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Love the ideas...I actually have a Lands End Tote and love mine. I could even get it personalized.

Thanks!
Stacey

That's what I did for DD#1 as a "New Big Sister" gift from DD#2. I had DD#1's name monogrammed in Block Script. It looks really nice. She uses it on road trips, but mainly for around home -- keeps all her LeapFrog books and Leapster stuff in there.

I love love love LE totes. I have way too many, but they are great for everything! :)

HHCs Mom
04-27-2008, 01:59 PM
What about just stacking them up and tying them with some really pretty wired ribbon? I did that with the books that DS1 got from Santa this Christmas. It was really due to the fact that it was late on Christmas Eve and I didn't want to wrap them but I found some pretty sparkly Christmas ribbon with wire in it and tied them up and they looked really pretty under the tree like that.