PDA

View Full Version : Mother's day: What are you getting your Moms from your DC's?

Emmas Mom
04-26-2008, 02:32 PM
My Mom is so hard to buy for. It's almost impossible to get her anything she doesn't return. She lives in a small town & her favorite place to go is her local super WalMart. Seriously we usually end up getting her a Sees candy GC & a WalMart GC. Boring but it's what she wants. I've gotten her a ton of photo gifts & am out of ideas there. She can't handle perfumes or scented candles or bath stuff so that's out. I'm at a loss & I'll get her the GC's she wants but was hoping to get something, anything new also. Anyone have a hard to buy for Mom (or MIL) with some new ideas??

LD92599
04-26-2008, 02:33 PM
We did a shutterfly book from us to her (vs just from DS to her). It has pictures though of ALL her grandkids/kids, not just myself, DH and DS.

We don't live local to her so this is very much appreciated.

veronica
04-26-2008, 02:41 PM
my mom is a huge re-gifter- she never gets the time to light candles or use fancy lotion so we always have a hard time. I really like the look of the digital photo key chains though. She can't really say no to such a cute key chain with 70+ photos of the family to share at a moments notice.

I might want one myself....

bnme
04-26-2008, 03:32 PM
My mom is hard to buy for because she has expensive tate and buys everything she wants.

I had the kids do handprint trivets (got the idea from a post in the craft forum) for her birthday which was this weekend. I ended up doing flowers and they are so cute. Something to cherish.

Not sure for M-day. Maybe a phot mug, because she doesnt have a recent one. Or if I have time a photo book of the past 5 years as grandparents -will sort of be a mothers day-father day combo. I am also taking her out for fondue because we never get time alone together and she loves that, and they are likely moving far away in the sort of near future. So the trivets for b-day, photo gift for mothers day, and we will go out together one night in-between.