PDA

View Full Version : Question about flying with britax Marathon..

keschy
04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
We'll be taking a trip with 21m DS soon and it will be our first with his marathon. Does anyone know if it will it roll down the aisle on a cart or do I need to lift it up over the seats? (Alaska airlines) Also, do you install it rear or forward facing? Is it worth trying to get a smaller seat for the trip or would you just use the marathin? Thanks! Kathy

supercalifragilous
04-27-2008, 01:36 PM
We've flown several times with our old MA. Thru the terminal, we've used the GoGoBabyZ wheels and later the Traveling Toddler attached to our carry-on.

DH said it does not roll down the aisle on the plane (it depends on the aircraft, but we haven't been lucky and we always fly Alaska) but has installed it both RF and FF. Just remember to install it with the buckle upside down so it's easy to unbuckle it after you land.

KAK22
04-27-2008, 02:22 PM
I've flown Alaska and Southwest with our MA. I couldn't see it rolling down either aisle. I just carry it upside down or on my head as I walk down the aisle. It's much easier to hold onto that way, just looks kind of dopey.

I think the install RF is much easier. Just print the FAA brochure on their site that says to use the seats according to manufacturers instructions (to allow RF past 1 year).

Neatfreak
04-27-2008, 08:27 PM
I've always carried the seat. Never even tried rolling it down the aisle - it just looks like it's either too wide or a too tight a squeeze!

I've never considered getting a different seat for travel. The Marathon just installs so well and quickly in different vehicles, and it's nice not to be fussing with an unfamiliar seat at the car rental place!

mom2binsd
04-28-2008, 10:32 AM
I have bag with wheels that I use...then I lift it down the aisle...I'm 4'10'' so I need to be careful to knock out others but it works....I've installed RF each time...even when DD was 3...I just told the FLight AttendantsAA that's how she rides in the car...I also bought a drink for the guy in front....he was just happy she couldn't kick his seat!

ThreeofUs
04-28-2008, 05:29 PM
We've tried both ways, and carrying about our heads worked the best. It's actually easier to get it into the seat from that position.

We've always installed FF - didn't travel when DS was little - but still always bought a drink for the person in the seat ahead. And maybe behind, if DS was extra-inquisitive or unhappy. ;)