PDA

View Full Version : How can I find someone's e-mail address?

MMEand1
04-27-2008, 05:22 PM
I went to college and was thinking about some of the people I was friends with. We did not keep in touch after we went our seperate ways and I think it would be fun to try and get back in touch with them. I was looking for ways to get their e-mail address's since I am not very comfortable talking on the phone with people that I have not talked with in some time (make sense?). How could I find their e-mail address? I already looked on classmates.com and most of them are not registered. I have never been active in the alumni program ( especially since I am not interested in giving money back to the school every year ), and I do not even live close to the university.

Any ideas or thoughts from those that may have been there?
Mariah P.

ETA: I don't want to have to pay for it either...

jenmcadams
04-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Even if you're not active in the Alumni program, your school might have an online alumni database (both by undergrad and grad programs do). You probably have to register and give some info so they can confirm that you attended the school, but once you do that you can probably get access. You also might try www.linkedin.com -- I often find old work colleagues there. I don't used Facebook or other social networking sites, but they could also be a resource. Finally, you can always Google their names, see if you can find their current employers, and see if you can get their email that way.

kijip
04-28-2008, 12:12 AM
I recently was compelled to sign up at one of those social networking sites (like MySpace, Facebook, LiveJournal) when a professional class I am in started using it for notices that i needed. I had never joined anything like that before. When I joined, I entered schooling and work information. A bunch of people I know popped up as possible friends/people I would know. Right on top of the list? A close high school friend who moved away for college who I had not seen since my 21st b-day. I had periodically tried to locate her, but without success. I was a big detractor of these things but reconnecting with her was worth it. :) And I found people I used to work with too. People of all ages and certainly people I never thought would be on such a site. Just a thought, it might be worth looking into.