PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice: Booster for a 7 year old

ctbarts
04-27-2008, 09:39 PM
I need some help from all of you educated and dedicated car seat safety experts, I am in the process of replacing some of our seats and want to make the best, most educated decision.

Here are my facts:
DS 7yrs 62pounds and 52 inches; sits primarily in Parkway
DS 4.5yrs 40pounds and 40 inches; sits in a primarily in Britax MA
DD 3yrs 30 pounds 37 inches; sits primarily in Britax Ma (forward facing as she gets carsick)

I am looking for a new booster for my 7 year old for the 3rd row of our 06 Honda Oddessy. He is complaining that the Parkway he is currently in is "uncomfortable" the seatbelt is forever twisting and sometimes getting slack. I am thinking these are signs he is getting too big for his parkway. He is definately a big 7 year old, so I want to find a seat that is roomy where he still has room to grow. What seats would you recommend for a big 7 year old?

We usually carpool a few times a week and ocassionally need to get 3 boosters across the third row so size of the seat is a consideration. The other boosters in this scenario would be Parkways.

After reading may of the threads on this board (which are so helpful :))!, I am thinking about getting him the Compass b510 as the price seems reasonable, but I can not seem to find one IRL to test for size.Also, since I can pass down whatever I get, I could justify spending more if ithere is a seat that would be a better fit for our needs or be a better fit for DS. Are there other boosters anyone would recommend I consider?

Any thoughts or advice would be apprecaited!!!