PDA

View Full Version : Booster Options for Lapbelt only?

LD92599
04-27-2008, 10:17 PM
We use 2 classic cars in the summer time and only have lapbelts available. I've had DS in the Marathon in those cars in the past and will probably move my Regent - but it's beast to move "just" for a short ride once in awhile.

Any other options i have for a booster? He's five - at least 45 lbs. They are "old fashioned" lap belts - you press the little button w/ your thumb to "release" the lock.

Neatfreak
04-28-2008, 06:25 AM
You know, I think that I may have read that the Ride Safer travel vest is an option when only a lap belt is available. Hopefully someone else here can confirm ...

o_mom
04-28-2008, 07:38 AM
There are not any boosters for lap belts. The one that was made (Britax Laptop) was discontinued and I think the last ones are due to expire in a few years. The RideSafer Travel Vest requires a top tethe with a lap-only belt. What about something like the Graco Nautilus? It will fit for several years in the 5-pt harness as the top slots are taller than a Marathon.

Joolsplus2
04-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Would it totally ruin the car to add a heavy duty top tether anchor? Consider www.ezonpro.com 86-Y harnesses with a booster for the longest term solution. (Thumbs upping the Nautilus solution for now, though).

LD92599
05-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Would it totally ruin the car to add a heavy duty top tether anchor? Consider www.ezonpro.com 86-Y harnesses with a booster for the longest term solution. (Thumbs upping the Nautilus solution for now, though).

This is interesting! I'm going to bookmark ezonpro.com for our car club! I don't think it's feasible to add a top tether anchor to either cars i'm thinking about - well one is a convertible. There's a smidge of room left in the Blvd and MA so i'll continue using them for the time being and i'll check out the Nautilus too!

Thanks for the suggestions.