PDA

View Full Version : infant seat for audi A4

julymommy
04-28-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm planning on purchasing my infant seat in a couple weeks, and had narrowed my seat choice down to the snugride or safeseat. But I just looked up these seats on carseatdata.org and it doesn't look as though they fit well with my car -- A4 Audi. I tried seeing if the chicco key fit or maxi-cosi fit better, but the database returned no results. Any suggestions?

mom2binsd
04-28-2008, 10:26 AM
If I remember when we were shopping for a car (ended up with Saab 9-5, lots of leg room) A4 has very little leg room in the back seat, but that was on some models around 2003....that being said I would think you might want to just try out some seats in the backseat....remember the newer Graco's, Combi's and maybe the Chicco allow the handle in the upright position- the evenflo's, pegs etc the handle will sometimes take up more space.

Hopefully an A4 owner will chime in- what year is yours and how tall is the driver???

julymommy
04-28-2008, 02:25 PM
The car is a 2005. I'm 5' 2'' and my husband is 5'11'' - not super tall people.

Maybe I'll head to BRU and try some out - but yes, I'd love for other Audi owners to chime in.

Thanks

alirebco
04-28-2008, 03:58 PM
The Keyfit 30 fits in my A4 perfectly although mine is a 2001. I would imagine the Snugride would fit as well since they are about the same size.

amandabea
04-28-2008, 04:41 PM
we had an Audi A4 when we first had DD and we had the Graco snugrige. It fit - behind the passenger seat with the seat ALL the way forward -- I don't think it fit in the center. There was no way my DH could get in the passenger seat -- he's 6'1" -- but I could, I'm 5'3" (almost). Once DD outgrew that and we moved to the Marathon, we could move the passenger seat back a bit so it was more comfortable for the passenger.

ETA: it was a 2006 model

mytwoboys
04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I have an Audi A4 2004 model. We had the Graco Snugseat infant seat and we too just put the passenger seat all the way forward. I'm 5'0", so I could sit in the passengar seat without a problem. We then switched to the Britax Roundabout and I never had a problem with it either.

alirebco
04-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh and we have the Keyfit in the center and it fits fine! Both seats are not moved up all the way so it is still comfortable to drive in.