PDA

View Full Version : Baby Dedication Church Questions??

momtodek
04-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi,
The only day that our church has child dedications is on Father's Day. I would like to have a luncheon at our house to celebrate. What is your opinion about having the luncheon the day before the dedication? If I have the luncheon after the baby dedication on Father's Day, I think no one will come since they will want to spend that day with their own families? Any opinions or ideas would be great?
Thanks,
Tiffany
Dylan 2/2003
Brendan 10/2007

AngelaS
04-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Father's Day is just another Sunday here, since our family's out of town. I think a brunch after church would be better.

AbbysMom
04-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I had my daughter's christening on Mother's Day. I may be in a different boat b/c my famiy is close by but we had the whole family there so that was nice. I invited friends (and their moms if I knew them). Some people stopped by before they went to visit their moms and others weren't able to make it (understandable). But there were a couple people with kids that came anyway and said they celebrated mother's day the day before with their family so they could come. I say do whatever is easiest for you but you may be surprised by how many people would come on father's day.

Percycat
04-28-2008, 03:32 PM
I think it would be nice to have a gathering after the service at your home.

We hosted a brunch at our home after my daughter's baptism and had a similar experience as Abby's Mom. The majority of our guests were family, but we had several church friends join us for the celebration. There were a few friends who did not come to our house, but they celebrated with us at the church or were out of town.

infocrazy
04-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Honestly, it'd be one or the other for us if it was 2 separate days. Our summer weekends are pretty crazy since the rest of the year everyone is in hibernation!

I don't think it would be an issue to have it on Father's Day. We would come and celebrate before or after.