PDA

View Full Version : Prayers urgently needed for 41 yr old woman with pancreatic cancer

ilovetivo
04-28-2008, 11:00 AM
They've given her 2 days to live 2 days ago....

Another desperate need for prayers - Hollie is a friend of an aquaintance. I sent Amy info on my brother's pancreatic cancer (via my entire email list) and she couldn't remember who I was, (then did) but said her 41 year old friend was just diagnosed. We've now been emailing a lot, I've been sending them both lots of info. Support back and forth w/ us. I feel like I know her am so sad and at a loss of what to do.

My good friend Hollie was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer on Mach 21 2008 ( just over 1 month ago). She is back in the hospital ICU and things are not looking good!

She needs as many prayers as she can get! She has an 8yo daughter and is married to a wonderfull man! Pray for her to regain her strength and win this battle! Pray for strength for her husband as her takes care of Hollie and their daughter!

Thank you so much!
Amy

SnuggleBuggles
04-28-2008, 11:38 AM
My thoughts go out to her. Our family has been touched by this disease as well.

Beth

matthewsmom
04-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about it. Her and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. I've read her blog and she seems so strong.

Kungjo
04-28-2008, 10:43 PM
My thoughts go out to her and her family. Sooooo sorry to hear about what she's been going through.

newmomto1
04-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Just read her blog & I am in tears & a loss for words.
My thought are with Hollie & I hope to see another blog entry from her.

ilovetivo
04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Amy just called me. She talked to Hollie's husband. Yesterday was better. Today she went downhill. He said she won't be leaving the hospital. She's on meds to control the pain. They're just waiting for the end now.

Mamma2004
04-29-2008, 08:21 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Hollie and her family. What a tragedy...

R2sweetboys
04-29-2008, 09:49 PM
This news just breaks my heart. :crying: I feel like I know Hollie after reading her poignant blog. I actually have a tab open with her blog that I've been refreshing, hoping for an update. I had a bad feeling based on the time that has gone by that things were continuing to decline. Thank you for updating. While it's not at all what I hoped to hear, I know I can now focus my prayers on a peaceful passing. I just feel so very bad for her husband, daughter(especially), and family/friends.

Please let us know how your brother is doing. Would you mind re-posting a link to his blog? Take care-:hug5:

ilovetivo
04-29-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm waiting for an update, but it looks like his chemo didn't work. He's starting a new set of more toxic chemo this week. We're also doing a pancreatic cancer PanCAN walk this weekend in chicago, where he's the spokesperson.
70 of us family members and friends will be there to support him. He's getting an award friday night after chemo, then driving here from michigan. then the walk stuff on saturday.

Beth - i'm so sorry pancreatic cancer has occurred family too!!

updacountry
04-30-2008, 10:40 AM
My prayers go out to her and her family. It seems this disease is getting more widespread or at least it is getting the attention that it deserves. I am one of the lucky ones that has beaten this disease so far and pray for all those not as fortunate.

ilovetivo
04-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Updacountry - I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this disease, but thrilled you're doing well!!!! Can you share some of your journey?

updacountry
05-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Updacountry - I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this disease, but thrilled you're doing well!!!! Can you share some of your journey?

Sorry so long, but when I get typing it just seems to flow out.

I'm not very into the medical terms, my DH took care of all that, so I'll make it in regular words without all the mumbo jumbo. I was 43 years old with an 18 month old DD, that took me a long time to concieve. I'm not a good patient by any means so I became a real trooper FAST!

I've always had a bad stomach, so when I got bloody diarhea for a couple of days it didn't really bother me. After about the fourth day I went to the ER and after being there for HOURS they decided that I had diverticulitis. So at least I had an answer. Because I lost so much blood they admitted me and gave me IV's.

The next morning when the GI doctor came to speak to me he said they noticed a small cyst in my pancreas, from the catscan but not to worry! Of course I worried! They did a colonoscopy and found a polyup and then of course I worried about that. I got out of the hospital five days later, then to see the GI doctor and he scheduled a endoscopy, again don't worry it is nothing!

Two days later for the test and two days later for the results. Guess what time to worry. The cycst is now going to be called a cancerous tumor! Everyone was stunned, I cried for days! All I could think of was what would my daughter do without me.

We took my xrays to every Dr. we knew and talked to anyone that would listen. Everyone thought that because of my age and relatively good health that I should go for the whipple operation. This all started on February 20th and May 16th I went under the knife.

Everything went well and I made a record of getting out of the hospital in 5 days, much better than the 14-21 they were calling for. They tested the cells and feel that they got everything out. Finally some good news.

I still have major digestive issues and have tried all kinds of things, but I know it could be a lot worse. I hate to read about all the other people who don't have a good outcome with this horrible desease, it makes me feel guilty as to why am I ok. Every day I worry about whether it will come back and just had a scare with a lump in my breast. I look at it this way, something made me sick enough to go to the hospital in the first place. If I hadn't I would definetly probably not be here today. My father had died suddenly from lung cancer 8 months before my ordeal and I believe that he got me there. I even had a dream after my operation where I saw the light and my father was there and told me to go back I wasn't allowed him. I wasn't a believer but now I am. Me and dad were very close and think he was there looking out for me.

I hope your friend has the will to fight, my DH made sure of that for me. I hated him at the time for it, but boy did he push me to get better. He calls it my 8 week summer vacation! Yeah Right, hope I never have another one! I like to tell my story in hopes that it helps someone else who thinks that it is the end. There are a lot of PC survivors we just are not the norm. We need to get more funding to help it be.

Thanks for asking, hope I didn't bore you. I'm ready for my rebirthday on May 16th!!!

updacountry
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I just read that Hollie has gone to Heaven. I was watching her blog. I hope she will have no pain anymore and my prayers go out to her family at this difficult time.