PDA

View Full Version : Well that sucked!

LarsMal
04-28-2008, 11:44 AM
I finally broke the news of our upcoming move to my closest friend here. We actually used to work together where we used to live and moved here within a couple months of each other. Our older kids are 6 months apart and have been best buds since DS was born. Our younger DDs are only 10 weeks apart. I can't even begin to add up how much time we've spent together over the past three years. From several playdates a week (sometimes twice in a day!) to meeting at the park or the mall, trick-or-treating together, birthdays, all of it. She was the only person here I couldn't bring myself to tell about the move.

They came over this morning for a playdate and I finally decide to tell her. I didn't even say I have "good" news. I just said I have "news". She immediately broke down in tears, and so did I (and now I'm crying again). Ugh...this sucks!

I know we'll still see each other b/c her DH's family is where we're going, but it won't be the same. We've always talked about her DD and DS going to prom together. Of course, there's no guarantee we would've been here at that point, but still.

Oh well. If we're truly friends, the distance will only mean we don't see each other *as* often. I just can't imagine I'll find another one of those "spur of the moment" get together kind of friends.

So sad! :-(

JTsMom
04-28-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry. :hug5: That's got to be rough. We moved from S. FL to Atlanta last year, and missing my sister (and especially my nephews) is the only part that sucks. It's wonderful here though, and I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

shilo
04-28-2008, 01:46 PM
i have the exact same best friend, kids spaced 7 weeks apart on the first go around, 14 weeks apart this time, playdates multiple times a week, do everything together even at a moments notice. i'd be devastated too facing a change in that relationship. big, big hugs to you both.

maybe there is a silver lining? maybe they'll end up in your new area sometime in the future?

more hugs,
lori

LarsMal
04-28-2008, 02:38 PM
maybe there is a silver lining? maybe they'll end up in your new area sometime in the future?

more hugs,
lori

That's not happening! She finally got her husband to move, and has no intention of moving back! The only silver lining is that we'll be near his family, so we'll be able to see each other when they come up to visit his family. We'll also only be about 2 hours away so we'll make sure we have visits. It's any easy day trip, just not a spur of the moment thing.

catcombs
04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
I feel for you. I had a similar situation. My friend lived down the street and our daughters were born 2 days apart. So we went through all the new "motherness" together and then her husband was transfered. It was such a wonderful and easy friendship. They moved clear across the country and we have kept in touch but there is nothing like being able to call your girlfriend and say I am going out for a walk right now let's meet up. 2 years later and I still haven't found that easy spur of the moment type friendship.

mommyoftwo
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I so, so, SO understand your sadness. I left my best friend like that DH started residency. We got pregnant together (both had trouble-she lost the baby) the same week, still managed to have our first girls 4 months apart, and have our second girls one month apart. We did everything together. Hardly a day went by that we weren't doing something together even if that meant running errands. It was wonderful. I miss her greatly even though it has been four years now and I have only seen her second daughter once and have never seen her youngest. We still talk on an almost daily basis and still know each other better than anyone else does. It does suck to be apart but it sounds like your friendship will last a lifetime even if you don't live near each other. Big hugs!