PDA

View Full Version : Charlie's Soap: liquid or powder?

caleymama
04-28-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm interested in finally ordering some after reading about it here and elsewhere during the past couple of years. One question, though - should I get the liquid or the powder?

I don't know if we have hard or soft water and I can't remember how to tell. I don't think it's soft ... is that harder to rinse? I think my grandmother in VA had soft well water ... anyway, maybe hard or soft wouldn't make a difference. We're not laundering cloth diapers anymore so that's not a consideration. I've used Ecover liquid, both Seventh Generation liquid and powder, and made my own powder with grated Fels Naptha, borax, and washing soda in the past but didn't really love any of those so I'd like to try Charlie's.

TIA!

JBaxter
04-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Ive always used the powder.

caleymama
04-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Ive always used the powder.

Thanks Jeana. I assumed most people used the powder but then I realized as I was getting ready to order that I actually wasn't sure since it's usually just referred to as "Charlie's Soap." Of course I had to ask all the wise and helpful folks here before I made up my mind. :bowdown:

Emmas Mom
04-28-2008, 09:33 PM
I just ordered my first bag of the powder. :D Can't wait to try it out. I e-mailed them & asked about the liquid & they said you can use it for dishes & hands too. So, I may just be placing a second order here.

Jeana, have you ever used the powder in your dishwasher?? They said you can do that but something about just tossing it in??

vludmilla
04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
I use the powder too and like it.

kcimato
04-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Before I started with Charlies Soap I always used liquid. Now I always use the CS powder.

JBaxter
04-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I just ordered my first bag of the powder. :D Can't wait to try it out. I e-mailed them & asked about the liquid & they said you can use it for dishes & hands too. So, I may just be placing a second order here.

Jeana, have you ever used the powder in your dishwasher?? They said you can do that but something about just tossing it in??

No I havent yet but I still have 1/4 a can of biokleen dishsoap Im going to try it. My mom loves it she lives in a very old house on a farm and noticed that here stream that feeds her pond had huge amounts of algae last year I had her switch to Charlies and ALL OF IT WENT AWAY she found out her wash water drains near the stream. She uses the powder too.

dr mom
04-29-2008, 09:21 PM
I use the powder, and I am cloth diapering - I figure if it's good enough for diapers, it's good enough for all the rest of our laundry, too.

caleymama
04-30-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks everyone! :)
Looks like I'll be giving the powder a try as soon as I get a little closer to finishing what we're currently using.