PDA

View Full Version : Munire vs. Babi Italia

CrazeyJaneyR
04-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Which is a better manufacturer? I'm looking at the pinehurst dropside crib by Babi Italia and the olde world newport crib by Munire.

Thanks!

Murphyec
04-30-2008, 09:15 AM
I have the pinehurst dropside crib by Babi Italia. We put it together this weekend and I am really impressed with the quality.

CrazeyJaneyR
04-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Murphy - thankls for sharing!! I really LOVED that crib!! What color did you get? I liked tea stain,.

becoming-mom
04-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi CrazeyJaney,
Small world to see you over here!!
:) Ariana

apetto
04-30-2008, 11:06 PM
We opted for the Babi Italia pinehurst espresso lifetime crib and are thrilled with it. DH knows more about furniture than me & is happy w/ the construction. One thing I noticed was that the floor models in the store were in very good shape (very few scratches, dents, dings etc.) compared with other brands. All pieces arrived in great shape and were properly packaged for shipping when we got them from BRU.

Penuche
05-03-2008, 03:44 PM
I have a Babi Italia crib that is now discontinued. While I have been reasonable happy with the crib these last two years, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I tried to order the toddler bed conversion kit this winter and was told it was discontinued but that I could order another rail meant for another BI crib. Well, guess what doesn't fit?

I have an e-mail in to BI. We'll see what the response is.

My recommendation to anyone purchasing a BI crib is that if you want any of the conversion kits, toddler bed, double bed, etc, order them when you order the crib to avoid the mess I'm dealing with.

Christyscmh
06-20-2008, 09:47 PM
Baby Italia is manufactured by the Lajobi company which is also known as Bonavita. I know that this particular collection that you are interested in is made of Pine wood which has a tendency to be susceptible to nicks and scratches as a previous user mentioned happened with her crib. Munire's Newport collection is made of mahogany wood which is one of the hardest and heaviest woods you can get your furniture in. Munire's concept is about creating bedroom furniture which they then transition into functional nursery furniture so that your cribs and case pieces (ie: combo, dressers, chests) are made to last 20+ years. Don't get me wrong, Bonavita does the same thing, however their Baby Italia collection is an entry-level line that is made to last the few years that your baby will actually have a nursery, which is what some people are looking for, but probably not beyond that.

Also, and FYI - Munire's Olde World crib is NOT a dropside. It appears to be, but it is, in fact, a stationary crib. They simply make it look like a dropside for the versatility that it has in smaller nursery's as well as its traditional appearance. As with all convertible cribs for the exception of Baby's Dream's drop-gate, to adjust the height level you will be raising and lowering the mattress and not the side.

Also there is a pretty lengthy lead time with Munire right now. Check out my recent posting on that for the details.

Hope this helps!