PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Car Seat for Lexus ES 330

memie
04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
I need some advice here from pro mamas out there. DS#2 is outgrowing his Peg Perego car seat. Currently DS#1 (will be 3 in June, weight 32 lbs and 39" tall) is using Britax Boulevard in both my van and DH's car (the Lexus). We would like to keep DS#1 in 5 point harness as long as possible. We love our Blvd but if we are going to have 2 in the lexus it will be pretty tight I think...

I am currently leaning toward Nautilus, Frontier, and Britax Monarch...I still would prefer him in 5 point harness as long as possible...so Monarch may be not an option. I also look into Radian80...but the back looks so straight that I am afraid DS is not going to be comfortable sleeping with his back not reclined.

Any suggestions?

Memie

Joolsplus2
04-29-2008, 09:13 AM
I suspect the Nautilus or Frontier would be your best bets... try to find them locally at better baby stores to see if you prefer one over the other. I think the Nautilus would fit fine (based on it fits in every car I've heard of so far, the Frontier probably will too, but fewer people own it so I won't commit, lol). Or if your ds likes his BV, just let him stay in it and get another one for the baby, then just shop for a good booster like the Monarch or Sunshine Kids Monterey in a couple more years when he's ready for a booster.

memie
04-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks Julie for your 2 cents.

My DS does love his BV. Due to our work situation, we have to get one for each car (DS and mine). The BV is bulky and expensive. I don't feel like paying another $300/car seat for BV. I may go with Nautilus since it has good review. I will go to BRU just to see the dimension myself, and I will get better idea.

Memie