PDA

View Full Version : Where did DD#1's dress GO????

bubbaray
04-29-2008, 02:40 PM
A dress of DD#1's is missing. HOW does that happen??? I'm soooo pissed b/c its sold out at LE and I got a smokin' deal on it ($8.99). I can't replace it, even at a higher price.

Grrrrr.

DH remembers seeing it. I remember washing it. I don't remember DD#1 ever wearing it, but she may have. Daycare d/n have it (they are double checking).

I think DD#1 hid it somewhere b/c I recall she d/n like it. Stinker.

sarahsthreads
04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
In a backup change-of-clothes bag? That's usually where I find missing clothes, because I don't take things out every time I bring the bag somewhere, and sometimes I just stuff another change of clothes in on top of what's already there the next time...and then I find four entire outfits in there when I finally wonder why the bag is getting so heavy and DD's drawers are so empty...

The other place I have found long-lost things is behind the drawers/under the dresser. Because DD "helps" put her laundry away and the drawers tend to get overstuffed in places so when they get closed something might get stuck behind the drawer.

Good luck finding the dress!

Sarah :)

elizabethkott
04-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Ok, this will sound odd.
Have you checked Dh's underwear drawer?
I've been surprised at what winds up in there...
DS's clothes... my sports bra... the dog's leash (I'm serious)...
Hey, you never know!

AngelaS
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Check the dress up bin and behind her bed and the couch. That's where I tend to find missing things. :)

WatchingThemGrow
04-29-2008, 10:20 PM
or my favorite, wrapped in a plastic bag from an accident in the church nursery - from weeks ago. Oops...

Neatfreak
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
That reminds me ... my DD's favourite tee and capris have been missing for months!

Do you think that the dress may have gone home with someone else at daycare?

bubbaray
04-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Ok, this will sound odd.
Have you checked Dh's underwear drawer?
I've been surprised at what winds up in there...
DS's clothes... my sports bra... the dog's leash (I'm serious)...
Hey, you never know!

This made me laugh. No, the dress isn't there, BUT we did find the lost FP Little People pink pig hiding there -- he hid there for over a year!

bubbaray
04-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Do you think that the dress may have gone home with someone else at daycare?

Unlikely. There aren't any girls there her age/size this year, so unless one of the boys took it home, I can't see it happening. And, its a LE dress -- I know for a fact that none of the other girls have LE clothing.

But, it would be really really ODD for me to send a piece of LE clothing to daycare to stay there, KWIM? I usually buy cheapo Walmart or Target stuff to leave at daycare (just in case it does go missing).

bubbaray
04-29-2008, 11:53 PM
In a backup change-of-clothes bag? That's usually where I find missing clothes, because I don't take things out every time I bring the bag somewhere, and sometimes I just stuff another change of clothes in on top of what's already there the next time...and then I find four entire outfits in there when I finally wonder why the bag is getting so heavy and DD's drawers are so empty...

The other place I have found long-lost things is behind the drawers/under the dresser. Because DD "helps" put her laundry away and the drawers tend to get overstuffed in places so when they get closed something might get stuck behind the drawer.

Good luck finding the dress!

Sarah :)

I tried the drawer trick -- the first place I looked. Off to check the extra clothing bag in DH's car. I already checked mine, its not there.

bubbaray
04-29-2008, 11:53 PM
or my favorite, wrapped in a plastic bag from an accident in the church nursery - from weeks ago. Oops...

Ewwwww. Ick. Did you just toss it out??? I think I might be inclined to do that.... Ewwwww.

bubbaray
04-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Check the dress up bin and behind her bed and the couch. That's where I tend to find missing things. :)

Dress up bin. Hmmmm. I'll check. Its not behind the couch.