PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember the model name of the Volvo with the seats in the back that face

jess_g
04-30-2008, 09:29 AM
backwards but have seat belts? The kids kind of sit on the floor in the trunk but are buckled in. I think it is for older kids but it seams like a great idea for my 12 year old as she gets older. I saw one the other day and thought wow. I know it was a Volvo but know nothing about the model name and if its a current one or not.

Thanks,

Jessica.

knaidel
04-30-2008, 09:36 AM
You probably saw an older volvo before it was bought out by Ford. Those are definetly not current models, probably close to about 10 years old, if not older. We were going to buy a used volvo wagon this past fall, the one we looked at had those seats. I think it was a 950.

elizabethkott
04-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I believe that is an option on the XC-70. I have one (without that option) and I love, love LOVE it!

Puddy73
04-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I think it is an option for most Volvo V70s (wagons). My 2001 V70 T5 has this feature, but we've only used the flip-up seats twice. You can't put car seats back there and I think that any kid over 10 would be rather uncomfortable because there is not much leg room. It might be handy for an elementary school car pool situation if the kids are only using them for a short time each day. HTH!