PDA

View Full Version : Which bottle warmer for MAM bottles?

atlbkk03
04-30-2008, 12:14 PM
I used to use an Avent bottle warmer to thaw and warm up my frozen breast milk in Avent bottles.. Now that I abandon those Avent bottles due to the BPA scare, my new BPA-free MAM bottles would not fit in the Avent warmer since they are wider at the bottom.

Could someone recommend a bottle warmer that will fit wide bottles like those from MAM?

Thanks in advance.

:)

atlbkk03
05-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Anyone...?

mamaoftwins
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
I've heard that the Munchkin bottle warmer fits those bottles (we use the Mam bottles too, and love them!), but I don't know for sure. I don't use a bottle warmer, so maybe my warming method will help you ... I use a 2 cup size pyrex, add about 300 cc of water, stick it in the microwave for 2.5 min, then take it out of the microwave and stick the bottle in for about 4 min. Then it's warmed. It does take a little longer, I expect, than using a bottle warmer, but saved me the expense of buying a warmer. Another idea, you could call or email Sassy (they distribute the bottles in the US) or Mam and ask which bottle warmer to use. I'm sure they could tell you. Good luck! :)

skatkerz
07-04-2008, 06:58 PM
We have a 9 mos old, & we've found that the best way to warm milk/formula is to just to fill a pot or pyrex cup with hot tap water, then put the filled bottle in a freezer bag(which we re-use until it springs a leak.) The reason for the bag is that our MAM bottles are vented & it avoids any water seepage into the bottle. Then we place the bagged bottle in the hot water, & place some kind of weight on top of it to keep it submerged. In about 10 minutes you have warm formula/milk. It is so much easier than a bottle warmer. We had purchased a $60 warmer & returned it because we found that our method was soooo much easier & practical.