PDA

View Full Version : Any experience with Missoula Childrens Theater camp?

cdlamis
04-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Missoula Childrens Theater is putting on a 1 week camp for 1st-6th graders this summer. I have been wanting to enroll my daughter in a camp like this but am not sure if its worth the $. Missoula is $140 for 4 hrs/day for 5 days.
There is also a theater workshop put on my the Parks and Rec for $50 and 2 hrs/day. I don't mind paying the $ for Missoula if its worth it. DD is going into 1st grade and this will be here first experience with a camp and I want to make it a great memory. She loves childrens theater (being a spectator).
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Daniella

AngelaS
04-30-2008, 03:10 PM
No experience w/the camp, but my inlaws have done several shows w/the MCT and LOVED their experiences there. :)

ILoveLucy
04-30-2008, 04:16 PM
My nieces, who are 10 and 12, have participated for several years now when Missoula comes to their town for a week of rehearsals culminating in performances on the weekend; last year I think it was Rumplestiltskin. My oldest niece, who is pretty shy, and my youngest niece, who is a total ham, have both loved it. My oldest niece was particularly thrilled to be an assistant director this past year. The day camp sounds like a lot of fun!

elliput
04-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Yes, I have experience with MCT. I participated when I was a kid- two or three times. This is a very professional group and has obviously been around for a long, long time. I think MCT was only in its infancy when I participated back in the late '70s/early 80's. The experience for your DD is definitely worth the $ !