PDA

View Full Version : I don't want my kids to grow up! (long)

LarsMal
04-30-2008, 07:10 PM
I took DS and DD a big neighborhood playground today. It was more crowded than usual, including a group of "tween" boys.

At first I thought it was cute b/c when I pulled up I hit the curb a little and then heard a pop. I got out of the car and they all came running, "We think you popped a tire, M'AM!" M'AM!?!?!? Anyway, turns out I had run over a juice box and it made a loud pop. But I thought it was nice that they were concerned.

They were minding their own business, just boys being boys. My neighbor and I were chatting and she asked if I could hear what they were talking about. I said no. I guess they were yelling to one of the girls who walked by that so-and-so wanted to "bang" her. Lovely. I can barely handle potty training, how am I going to deal with potty mouth!?

Then all of the sudden things got out of hand and three of them are running around, mostly play fighting. One got ticked off and pushed the other, then picked up a handful of mud, mulch and guck and threw it at the kid. Of course it hit him in the EYE! So he's rolling around on the ground, moaning and crying. My friend yells out, "Come on guys" but I don't think she realized how hurt the kid was. So I go running over (the old teacher at recess in me coming out!) and check things out. The kid can't even open his eye, it's filled with all kinds of crap. His knees are bleeding and he is just covered in mud. His friend is now apologizing- of course. Turns out it was over a pack of bubble gum! So I go running to my car and get a water bottle, wipes, and tissues (okay, the mini van- fully loaded with all emergency needs!). I squirt water on his eye until he can open it, clean up his hands (dirty, which he kept rubbing in his now clean eye- BOYS!). During all this time his friends are standing around, trying to figure out what happened, his older teenage sister and her boyfriend come up, too, someone asks if anyone went to get "Mom". No, of course not. After about fifteen minutes the kid finally decides to get up and starts walking to the nearby houses. I watch him walk away. Ummmm...yeah, his house was literally less than 100 yards away! I'm guessing no one went running to the house b/c they thought they would get in trouble or something.

Grrr...oh well, I did a nice deed. Not one of them said thanks. I guess I really didn't expect it, but it would have been nice for one of them to have said something.

Just made some mental notes to myself of things I want to make sure DS and DD do at that age. Then I'm going to lock myself in a closet from about 12-16, then come out again and hope it all went okay!!!

ETA: Scratch that- with two screaming toddlers, I'm locking myself in that closet NOW and maybe I'll come out periodically to check things out!

elizabethkott
04-30-2008, 07:48 PM
IME with high school students, this is fairly typical behavior. :D
As long as DS doesn't turn into one of the idiots from my school who was drag racing with another teen over the weekend and crashed his car into a HOUSE, I think I'll be okay out of the closet. :D

ShanaMama
04-30-2008, 10:19 PM
My horror story came from my last trip to the mall. A large group of 13-14 year olds (my estimate) was hanging out on some couches in the mall. Generally well behaved, out having a good time. No problem. Then a boy comes walking back towards the group with 2 girls sortof slinking behind him. I see him motion to his friend 'blow job x2'. I was horrified & sure I misunderstood his hand motions till I heard the friend clearly say "wow, that's 3 blowjobs for you today!" I am still nauseated. These kids could not have been older than 14. EWWWWW!

Wife_and_mommy
04-30-2008, 10:36 PM
My horror story came from my last trip to the mall. A large group of 13-14 year olds (my estimate) was hanging out on some couches in the mall. Generally well behaved, out having a good time. No problem. Then a boy comes walking back towards the group with 2 girls sortof slinking behind him. I see him motion to his friend 'blow job x2'. I was horrified & sure I misunderstood his hand motions till I heard the friend clearly say "wow, that's 3 blowjobs for you today!" I am still nauseated. These kids could not have been older than 14. EWWWWW!

:47: I have no words for this. :gloomy:

dr mom
04-30-2008, 11:09 PM

OMG OMG OMG :eek:

That is so sad, for everyone involved. Sex shouldn't be a scorecard. :shake:

StantonHyde
05-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Just remember--those who talk the most, do the least. And, if it is any comfort, statistics show that about 50% of the kids in any high school are NOT having sex. Yes, that means that 50% are but I'll take good news when I can get it.

LarsMal
05-01-2008, 10:30 AM

OMG! That is crazy!

I was leaving the mall one day when a couple of "kids" (just barely driving age) were walking out, goofing off. The guy says to one of the girls, "Remember, I'm your ride home." He said something else and then she said, "Find, then no sex for you for a month!" I think I may have gasped out loud!!!

Your story reminds me of something I read about in Jodi Picoult's book, Tenth Circle. I guess there is a game called Rainbow. All the girls wear different colored lipstick and the guy with the most colors at the end of the night- no not on his lips!- "wins". So disgusting!!!