PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for birth mothers for Mothers' Day...?

joyful mommy
04-30-2008, 08:17 PM
We've generally sent a card with a picture incorporated into it and/or with pictures included. Sometimes an update note is included too.

I'm wondering what others do and whether anyone has any ideas to share.

joyful mommy
05-02-2008, 10:54 PM
bumping message back up ...

icunurse
05-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Let's see....for the first year, we sent a handmade card with a special picture of DS to his birthmom. Now that he's older, we have him do some "art" and send that with a card. We always send flowers, to his birthmom and his biograndma. This year, he was very picky about which flowers we sent, so I also included why he chose the flowers he did (for his bmom, he liked "all the pretty colors"). We have a lot of women to do things for on Mother's Day (two great-grandma's, two grandma's, two birthmoms, one biograndma), so I try and keep it meaningful, yet simple.

Gifts we've given for other occasions....went to one of the photo sites (snapfish?) and took some Christmas artwork DS did at school, scanned it in, and made a trivet for biograndma and a coffee mug for bmom (and included assorted coffee items - she loves coffee). You can never give enough pictures in a nice frame, either (so says biograndma! :)) We also send his birthmom flowers for her birthday and on DS's bday. She loves flowers, we have a really great open adoption, and we always want her to know that we are thinking of her.

joyful mommy
05-08-2008, 08:15 PM
thanks for sharing :)

karstmama
05-09-2008, 12:15 PM
perhaps one of those charms with the picture engraved on it? that would be meaningful, and could be displayed or not depending on how she feels. dunno about price, though.