PDA

View Full Version : Missing Shoes

lablover
05-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Argh....So we got back from vacation last Saturday and I specifically remember pulling out DS's sneakers from the suitcase. You'd think after that I would have laid them in DS's room, but I don't remember what I did. Started looking for the shoes Sunday night and they are nowhere to be found. Not under beds, not in hampers, not in the suitcase, not in any closets, NOWHERE! It seems the only way the shoes could have left the house was through the trash, but there is only one trash can in the kitchen where they could have been thrown out into a trash bag, and only DD would possibly do that I don't even think she can open the lid. Being that the weather is getting warmer, ordinarily I'd just move on and have him wear sandals throughout the summer and buy a new pair next fall. But no, he has soccer this Saturday and he can't wear sandals. And, he has a wide foot so we are usually relegated to Stride Rite shoes. Although I just saw that Payless has one sneaker in a 12W online so I may check that store out today. Otherwise it's back to Stride Rite to fork over $40+ for a pair of shoes since I don't have time to sale shop. Most frustrating is that I can't figure out where in the world the shoes went!!

AbbysMom
05-01-2008, 09:08 AM
The missing shoe thing drives me crazy! I lost DD's Christmas shoes in the house somewhere before a holiday party so she was barefoot for the holidays :( I even searched her diaper trash for it - gross! there is a coupon for 20% off Stride Rite this weekend in the Bargains section if you don't find them in time!

californiagirl
05-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Yeah, last year's good sandals disappeared. Just vanished. Probably the fault of some adult who put them "out of sight" on a cold day, but really, where could we have put them? A whole summer we searched for those shoes!

tarabenet
05-01-2008, 03:58 PM
And you just *know* they'll reappear right after you've bought new ones and he's worn them so they can't be returned. Grrrr.

At first I thought it was a little odd that SIL was keeping Brett's shoes on a shelf up high, at adult eye-level. Then I forgot to put them back there one afternoon. I realized why it was a brilliant storage spot when he came toddling into the living room, chewing on one of his shoes. The other one? Found it next to the potty. Boy did I get lucky that day. I never forget to put is shoes up high now! Why didn't I figure out something like that back when my puppy kept getting chewing up sandals?