PDA

View Full Version : Diaper rash remedies for a newborn?

tny915
05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
DD#2 is 6 days and already has her first case of diaper rash. I'm a bit out of practice with this. I've got Weleda cream and Boudreaux Butt Paste. Am looking into buying some cloth wipes b/c I think the Huggies wipes we're using may be the culprits.

What else can I do to help? Is naked time helpful?

JBaxter
05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
If you want to make your own disposable wipes try this....

Take 1 roll of "good" paper towels like Viva ( the soft kind)
use a bread knife and cut the roll in half so you have 2 short rolls
take out the cardboard center
put in a plastic container with a lid
take 2 cups of water and 2 TBLS of your baby bath use what ever type your baby is used to
pour over paper towels and close up with a lid.

You dont have to use the baby bath but it makes wiping poo off alittle easier.

As for the rash I would give the 7th generation diapers a try they have less chemicals in them give the baby lots of air time and make sure her little bottom is completely try before rediapering

Hope her rash goes a way soon. My youngest had big issues with most brands of disposable diapers and thats why I switched to cloth with him.

brookemd
05-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Naked time will help, but hands down, the best diaper cream out there is Calmoseptine. It is a "moisture barrier" cream used by health care professionals for all sorts of conditions where skin needs to be protected from moisture. It is OTC, but isn't easy to find. I've ordered from ebay and drugstore.com, I think. You can also ask your pharmacy or drugstore to order it for you. We've tried triple paste, bordeaux, desitin, aveeno, etc and this one is soooo much better. You may want to give it a shot...

HIU8
05-05-2008, 02:23 PM
DD had and still gets severe diaper rashes. Right now we use Vusion which is only available via prescription and costs $250 b/c there is not yet a generic (we were desperate and DD's tush was cracking and bleeding). When she was born we used cotton balls and luke warm water for the first 3 or 4 months. That is the only thing that did not irritate her skins (everything else caused her skin to break down and she was in pretty bad pain from it).

Nyfeara
05-05-2008, 02:50 PM
We've used Triple Paste to clear DS up & that actually worked pretty well for us.